25. The Greeks Are Intense

I wanted to write a Chapter for New Years, just because I want to start this year with joy, and my updating schedule has been slower then I would've liked. There is so much I want to accomplish this year - I'm not going to waste my time anymore (that's what I say...but you'll still find me on Wattpad at 3 am anyway, there's no stopping this addiction)

———

"You did what?! Apo- Lester, are you an idiot?" She screamed, but after a few unwanted glances from the students around them, she wasted no time in grabbing his elbow and sitting them down on a windowsill with no-one in sight.

"I know, I know, I screwed up. But what do I do now, Sil?" Apollo looked at her in pure desperation.

Silena ran her hands through her hair in annoyance. "I want to change it to blue." She muttered absentmindedly, then speaking louder so Apollo could hear her, "You tell him you know."

"I can't, Sil, I wasn't meant to know!"

"Then don't eavesdrop on other people's conversations, Lester!"

Apollo groaned, leaning his back onto the cold glass. November's frosty hands had finally taken a hold; the cold was a welcome change to the permanent heat Apollo was stuck with.

His voice was barely a whisper when he spoke. "I couldn't even tell. I don't even know the extent, but usually there are so many telltale signs. I can't believe I never noticed."

Silena smiled softly, silently taking his hand in hers. "He's good at hiding it. He's lived with himself long enough to know his own signs. Trust me, Apollo. Tell him you know. You and I both know that if you don't, you won't look him in the eye for weeks."

"Why wouldn't he tell me?" Apollo said, although the words sounded like they were meant to be a thought, not spoken aloud.

"He needs time, sunshine. We all do."

Apollo sighed, standing up and brushing imaginary dust from his robes. "I guess I've got a demigod to hunt. See you later?"

Aphrodite stood up. "Yeah. Later."

———

Ares sighed, slamming his bag down near the roots of the tree. He leaned against the tree, taking shaky breaths. He eventually sat down, holding his head in his hands.

He couldn't keep the pictures out of his mind. He could feel what she felt and it had him reeling. For the first time in a long while, he couldn't control his breathing, nor his heart. He hadn't meant to see that deep into her mind, and find that. Gods, if he was here almost having a breakdown how must she feel?

The thought jolted him back to reality. What in Tartarus was he doing sitting here instead of talking to her? He ran his hands through his hair, picking himself off of the floor.

He only just noticed that his surroundings were completely unfamiliar, and that there was no way he could flash to the castle. He wouldn't be sure that there would be no students. He groaned in frustration, trudging aimlessly in the direction where he thought he came from.

"My Lord?"

Ares whipped around, a sword appearing in his hands on command. "Who's there?"

"I mean no harm, My Lord." A centaur approached Ares. Ares looked him over quickly, making note that this centaur was armed, and somehow knew him.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing, my Lord. I was hunting when I saw you. You looked lost, my Lord."