17. Cool Castle, Cold Lake

A/N: FINALLY REACHED HOGWARTS 🥳
Don't forget to vote and comment!

As Percy and Nico had nothing to pack, they were inclined to help the two gods. Percy had started helping Apollo even before anyone woke up, half because he was strangely biased towards the Sun God, and half because Aphrodite would have been the hardest person to help pack. He shuddered while just thinking about the Aphrodite cabin. But he did find something rather strange. Aphrodite herself wasn't too much of a drama queen who was obsessed with fashion and hairstyles. In fact, she was pretty chill. So why does everyone assume she's so... so needy? Whiny? Girly?

He was shaken out of his reverie by the Goddess herself.

"Morning Handsome." She smiled brightly.

Percy visibly shuddered. "Please don't call me that again. You're the Goddess of Love,  and that sounds very suggestive coming from you I am fairly sure you don't mean it that way but I'd prefer to not give anyone any wrong ideas. Gods forbid Nico hears you..."

"Aw, it's ok, we all know you are reserved for  Golden Sleeping Beauty over there."

"Huh?"

"What? Nothing."

Aphrodite lifted her head as if she were to start speaking, then looked down as if rejecting the idea, and then decided that she would speak and looked Percy in the eye, her morning voice illegally melodic, "I wonder what it will be like. I've tried going to school, but I always ended up dropping out. Everyone there wanted me for my looks or for my body. It's funny. I'm the Goddess of love, but I can't find love myself. Everyone I meet is so fake. So dual-faced. Despite what others think, Hephaestus and I decided to annul our marriage centuries ago. We left on good terms. Me and Ares are just friends. He's just a possessive flirt. There was a point where I was envious of how much love you had towards Annabeth. The aura of your love screamed purity and loyalty. I admired your love, and that's coming from the Goddess of it. I see so much lust nowadays that seeing someone love so unconditionally was almost an alien feeling. It was exhilarating. I still feel that love in you. Not towards her, or any specific individual,-" her eyes seemed to flick towards Apollo for a split second, as a cheeky smile made its way onto her face, "-but you still have love. And it makes me stronger. Especially since you have my blessing. The honest truth is that there is so much good in you, that it's admirable. There will always be darkness in your heart. In your mind. But I fear for your enemies if, despite the darkness eating at your soul, you still have so much light shining in you."

Percy's eyes dimmed a bit at the mention of Annabeth, but he sat down next to Aphrodite on her bed. "It's hard. Really hard. I loved her so much, you know? Not just love either. The first time I met her I already had respect for her. I watched her grow into an amazing, strong person. I never expected whatever happened at camp to happen. I know that it has something to do with dark magic, but that's about it. I'm not going to worry about that. That's their problem. But I can relate. You don't know how many chocolates and letters I would find on Valentine's Day. I never wanted any of them, I just wanted to be happy. I don't even have a mom anymore. I think I can heal though. I need to. She would want me to be happier, and love again. But it's hard. Really hard. Sometimes I feel myself giving into this darkness inside of me. Sometimes I feel my thoughts divert and start changing, start sounding like Tartarus. No one comes out of there the same." He sounded so lost and broken Aphrodite couldn't help but move towards him and wrap him in a hug.

"It's hurts, Aph. It hurts so freaking much. I loved her. I wanted to give her the world. I once read a quote, 'Maybe forever was a word for memories and not people'. I never forgot it, but the day we were driven out, the way she made him sit in my place, next to my domain, where me and her would always be; replacing me like that and then showing a small bit of affection so earnestly and chastely, it hurt. It hurt so, so much." He cried into her shoulder, his voice breaking, tears falling freely, soaking her fresh shirt.