it can't end like this - rick

she died, and it was all his fault. this was the moment he would regret forever. she was gone.

short angst rick imagine
_________________________________________

nobodys pov:

there was a herd passing by, tons and tons of them. its like they would never end. she was in charge of bringing them in the right direction away from their general area, killing some along the way.

she was behind a peice of sharp metal so she had to be careful not too hurt herself, but it was no big deal. her job was easy compared to the stuff she normally does.

she tried her best to keep hidden and low, some walkers still saw her though and came at her, but she killed them in time. she would hopefully be okay since rick was close to her, but on higher, safer ground.

she stabbed a few walkers that were coming at her, until the corner of the sharp metal ripped her upper arm.

her red blood gushed onto the concrete as she gripped her arm tight in pain. she took off her scarf and used it as tourniquet. the smell of the blood dragged more walkers to her, she tried to kill them all but one that she thought died managed to get around her and bit her on her side.

the realization hit her like a truck. this was it, her life was actually over. she couldn't just cut the limb off, because there was no limb to cut! if she tried it would basically be suicide.

"rick! fucking help!"

she yelled, he noticed. he saw her bleeding out and immediately pulled her up and wiped off the blood.

"are you okay y/n? can you hear me?"

"i got bit!"

she cried. she wanted to live, she didnt want it to end like this.

ricks face turned very worried.

"where? we can cut it o-"

"we cant! its on my side! rick, im gonna fucking die!"

she was sobbing now, salty tears streaming down her face mixing with the blood splatters.

she seemed to weak to be yelling, she could barely move from all the blood loss in her arm. it was slowly killing her. was he supposed to put her out of her misery or let her bleed out? she would die ethier way.

he held her close in his arms, with tears in his eyes making the world around them blurry. he wanted to spend their last moments just like this.

he could her her muffled cries in his chest. her crying almost hurt him too,what was left of his heart was completely shattered. they didnt want it to end like this.

"im sorry rick, im so sorry."

"why? you shouldn't be, its not your fault."

"it shouldn't end this way, i love you rick. so much."

her words got slower and more faint the more she bled, then she just stopped. he tried to feel for a pulse but there was none. she was dead.

"i..love you too, y/n"

he put his head down on her as he started crying too, it was all his fault. he could have saved her.

why did it have to end like this?