nightmares - carl

she was having a nightmare about when her mom died, then she wakes up and carl cuddles and comforts her.

this is based off that one scene in the goldfinch because i love that movie so fucking much.

angst but then it turns kinda fluffy in the end, also mad short.
_________________________________________

your pov:

my parents were dead, right in front of me. i tried to warn them but they didnt listen. it was all my fault, if i just warned them sooner then this would be okay.

i stand behind a tree, the walker eats at my moms flesh as my dad lays next to her, dead too.

all i could see was their blood and guts and i felt horrible. i sunk down and cried as quiet as i could, i was defenceless. i was alone. no food, no water, no place to stay, nobody to be with, or protect me. it might just have been over for me right then and there.

i stayed crying, curled up behind the tree, helpless. i made the big mistake to close my watery eyes and put my head down. i started to hear distant breathing and growling, but i didnt have the strength to get up, or do anything. i haven't eaten in days anyway, it just made me weaker.

the sound got closer and i just tried to ignore it, thinking it would pass, then i could feel harsh warm breath in my face. i didnt have enough time to jerk my head before it grabbed onto my boney shoulders. i tried to fight back but i was too weak, i just couldn't.

it got me. it bit my shoulder and i started gushing blood. i screamed bloody murder, this was the worst pain ive ever felt. my arms went limp and i couldn't fight back anymore. it ate at my right side and i just layed there.

then i woke up.

i was cold, scared. i panted heavily and i shook. thank god that was a dream, i felt some relief knowing that.

i feel someones lanky arms grab me and hold me close.

"its okay, im here, its just me y/n"

it was carl. i recognized the comforting, unique voice. he must have heard my pants. i felt better once i knew he was there, he made me feel safe.

i turned around to face him and put my head in his chest, quietly sobbing. he was the only person i could cry in front of. his warm breath and comforting words made me feel better.

he rubbed my back as i cried in the comfort of his arms, shaking less violently than before.

"i love you y/n"