shooting star - daryl

you and daryl spent the night together, but he thought you were asleep. he opens the window and lays on the roof to watch the stars, so you join him.

i love daryl fluff
_________________________________________

your pov:

i lay on the bed, and daryl sits on the end. this night was silent and unusual so daryl stayed up, he never is really able to sleep anyways.

daryl sat up on the bed with his crossbow in his hand. the dim blue moonlight aluminated the corners of the room. daryl seemed focused on the window, how the curtains blew back and forth lightly from the draft and the trees blowing in the distance with them.

he thought i was asleep. i haven't moved at all for the past few hours, ive just sat and watched him. i had trouble sleeping too, i could stare at the ceiling for the entire night. my sleeping problems were probably because of the apocalypse, you could never rest, let your guard down, or you would be killed.

daryl hasnt moved much ethier, all hes been doing is watching the window, the door. nothing ended up happening though, what was he watching for? there has been no noise or movement for the past few hours anyway, so he could just sleep.

he suddenly stood up, trying to make as little noise as possible, maybe not to wake me. he started walking to the window. he unlocked it. each time it clicked he looked back to see if the sound woke me. everytime he turned around i closed my eyes, somehow he believed it.

he slowly pushed the window up, as far up as he could, then he pulled the distressed screen with it. he poked his head outside, looking left and right for walkers. he stepped out onto the roof, and out of my sight. i tried to move my head around to see what he was on the roof for but i couldn't see him. so i got up and walked to the window.

i poked my head out and saw him laying down on the roof, with his crossbow at his side, staring at the stars and the moon. his eyes lit up from the dim light on his face. he looked relaxed for once, like he actually let his guard down for once. it was different seeing him like this, but nice. he was so calm.

i sat and watched him for a bit, he didn't move. he had onr hand on his side with his palm up, the other was on his chest and his legs were apart. its different to see such a tough guy laying on the roof watching the stars.

"hi daryl"

my voice was low and tired.

he immediately turned his head to see me, my hands on the window with my head poked out looking at him.

"oh hi. did i wake ya?"

it was cute that he did all this and tried not to wake me up.

"no, ive been up all night"

i went out onto the roof as well, the cool breeze hit my exposed body as i sat down next to him, facing the trees and the street.

it was so beautiful out here, well saying that we are in the apocalypse. the world hasnt been this nice for a while. in a life like this you never take the time to appreciate nature and the beauty of it.

"why are you out here?"

he was stern. maybe he didnt want me out here, maybe he went out for alone time.

"because i wanted to know why you were out here"

i could understand why now. the stars were lined up in such nice ways. it was fun to point out the shapes of them in your head.

"i like the stars"

"me too"

we sat in silence for a while. i looked at the shapes the stars made, and the way some shined more than others. it was so peaceful, i havent had a moment like this.

suddenly, a shooting star passed by. it was brighter than the other stars. ive never ever seen one before, and i never thought i would. it was so beautiful and it just looked...happy. it brightened up the sad world for a quick moment.

"what did you wish for y/n?"

i dont think i wished for anything. i didnt know what to wish for, how would it come true anyways?

"i dont know, what did you wish for?"

"if i tell you it wont come true"

we sounded like kindergarteners.