Entry 1

August 23rd

Several days ago Today, a Letter came in the mail.

I got accepted into White Fox Academy. I was home alone when the letter arrived. My older sister Jess was on a date with her boyfriend while my Parents went to the market to grab snacks, drinks, sweets, meat, and fruit. The Mailman, a chubby man with a round face who seemed balding, was rude toward me. Just shoving the letter towards me and saying stuff like "she doesn't look smart" and all other bullshit.

No matter. I didn't open the letter until my family was home. I mean, It wasn't from a relative or an old friend. It wouldn't have mattered, but this was out of nowhere.

I do remember a while ago, out of nowhere even, my parents decided to take me to an IQ test. I should've expected this since it happened to my sister Jess before she started high school herself. But her IQ was 100, around a normal IQ, a bit higher even. But My IQ, as to a lot of people's shock, was 120. Some people even fainted. I thought nothing of it and my mind told me I was still gonna go to Grune High School like my Sister.

But that wasn't the plan. With a Mostly-Paid scholarship, I was accepted into White Fox Academy.

I've heard of White Fox Academy. It's located here in Germany, but it's also five hours away from where I am, deep in the forest. Many people apply every year, but so many get rejected. Recently, they try to loosen up their rules but not a lot of people are willing to apply now. But I got accepted.

The first day is September 6th, but you must be at the school and settling in by September 3rd.

Yesterday, my parents, sister, and my friends Kasumi, Victoria, and Adele all met up in my backyard. We grilled Bratwurst, Frankfurter, Brühwürste, and Steak. Kasumi brought over Mochi and Homemade Onigiri, Victoria brought over Pretzels and marzipan, and Adele brought over Frites and Schokokuss.

Everything was delicious and we all ate, talked, and laughed. My dad even let us all have a beer while we ate, except for Adele due to her religion. Mom tried to protest, but Dad calmly argued back; stating that he'll have an eye on us if we try to sneak another one. That was Funny! Jess gave Adele a Vanilla flavored non-alcoholic beer and we all talked and laughed. Then I was giving "parting gifts". Is that what you call them? I don't know.

 From Adele, I got a Hello Kitty Sweater. From Kasumi, I was given two books I always wanted. And from Victoria, I was given a golden necklace with Aquamarine in it (It's probably fake, but who cares?). From my Mom, I was given a fake plant, and from my dad, I was given a brand new matching Crimson Red suitcase and backpack, which I must pack with the supplies, clothes, shoes, and other stuff I need for the entire school year. Later on, Jess gave me this Journal I'm writing in, Dull Lavender with a White Fox Sticker on the front, with a white-colored fountain pen with purple ink.

I don't consider myself a writer. Sure, I've written Essays, Poems, and Short stories for my English, German, and History classes, true. But Writing wasn't something I ventured further into. Unlike Painting, Piano, or even Reading. My sister said that she wants me to document my journey at the school. This Journal is super thick, and it looks more like a book than a journal, and it contained around 400 to 600 pages, maybe more, maybe less. Either way, I am grateful for it as like the other gifts I have