Entry 9

September 7th

Dinner was peaceful, other than the distant, out-of-nowhere screams... We all took our mandatory night showers, changed into Pajamas, and went to our respective dorms. My roommates and I all lay in our beds and talked.

"Am I the only one who hears the random screams?" Mei asked everyone.

"I thought I was the only one!" Hazel chimed in.

"Yeah, you're the only one who heard the screaming" Avery sarcastically replied.

"Don't be so rude!" Sabrina demanded.

"Tch..." Avery muttered.

"It's weird though. No one else seems to care about or acknowledge it" Nicola mentioned.

"Wanna know something else I've seen?" I spoke up.

"Yes?" Charlotte replied, curious.

"I've seen students randomly acting berserk"

"How?" Eri asked.

"They'll bend backward, scream in agony, cry, throw items, rip out bits of their hair, and I've seen one or two students claw at other students." The room went silent as I said this.

"I've seen it happen to Mr. Masuko while walking to my French Language class. His back almost went 90 degrees!" Nicola spoke up.

"You're taking French?" Charlotte asked.

"Yeah! I plan to go to France after High-school and perhaps start a business there! My dad did something similar here" Nicola replied, their emerald eyes shining brightly.

"Don't go off-topic now, ladies" Avery rudely interrupted them. I felt so angry when Avery misgendered Nicola, and I watched as they got truly upset. I put up with her sarcastic remarks to Ms. Capo during Period Three, and Mrs. Chronis during Period six, but now misgendering someone?!

"Oi! Nicola's pronouns are they/them!" Mei half-yelled.

"Yeah!" Hazel added in.

"Why do pronouns matter to you all? You're a boy or you're a girl, no between" She said before putting on her headphones and ignoring us. Someone knock some common sense into her.

Nicola and I noticed how Hazel's eyes filled with tears.

"Oh.. come here..." Nicola said, reaching her hand out. Hazel climbed into her bed and hugged her. The rest of us watched as Nicola comforted Hazel.

"What's wrong?" Sabrina asked.

"She's always been so.. Mean, and said homophobic stuff on purpose. I tried to ignore it... But I can't! Especially as a Lesbain..." She muttered to us. It was hard to hear it, but we all understood.

"Does she know you're a lesbian?" I asked. She shook her head no. It's funny. She feels safer telling us about her sexuality, but not her sister.

"Wanna sleep with me tonight?" Nicola asked. Hazel weakly nodded as I checked my phone for the time, before tucking it under my pillow.

"Lay down, lights out in five minutes!" I told them. Everyone (but Avery) did just that.

God... I don't know how to feel about Avery though. On one hand, I hate her for her blatant homophobia, but on the other hand, something tells me she's hiding so much underneath a mask. I can't be certain though.

P.S.: Nicola and Hazel would make such a cute couple!