Entry 12

Sept. 12th

Time: 10:39 am

Today is Sunday, which means I have today off. I opted for a cozy grey sweater that I paired with a knee-length, pleated red skirt and crisp white socks. I'm not wearing any shoes since I didn't make plans to go out of my dorm, other than for meals and showers.

Sundays, just like in Germany, are days everyone takes off to relax. The school says that it helps people with their mental state (despite how we all still had to be awake at 5:30)

Just as I thought I'd be in my dorm most of the day, Nicola burst through the door, scaring me. They were dressed in a vibrant African-patterned Below-Knee length dress, paired with black tights and Yellow Chelsea boots.

"Hey! You can't hide in the dorm forever, Daphne! Come, join us! Hazel, Mei, and I are about to go on a walk. Wanna join us?" She asked. I had nothing better to do, and it looked lovely outside. So, I joined them.

"Alright, let me get my hiking boots on and then I'll join you," I said. Nicola squealed and literally jumped out of the room. Okay...?

Time: 12:30

We have lunch in 10 minutes, so I decided to write. It was sunny yet chilly out, as well as breezy. I'm sitting outside on a bench with Nicola next to me. She was busy talking to someone, I don't know who. I should mention that Nicola has quickly risen to popularity here at White Fox Academy. I can't blame them. They're energetic, smart, and stunning. I would be lying if I said that almost a lot of people might have a crush on her. So far, there is an election club, an art club, a photography club, and a reading club. It's said that their more clubs to be made and added throughout the school year. Nicola mentioned that they want to start a club of their own, but due to school policy, they have to ask the third year to suggest it to someone. They want to start a creative writing club. I've seen them write before, and I've read a few poems they have shown me. They are also super creative on paper!

Time: 2:03 pm

I'm back in the dorm, sitting at the bay window while Nicola sits on the ground, next to me. I didn't notice that they were trying to talk to me until I felt her lightly tap my shoulder.

"Finally, got your attention! I've always noticed that you're writing in that journal. Why is that?" They asked.

"Oh... Well, My older sister bought it for me before I came here. She said it was to document my time here... whatever that means. So, I've written down what's been happening at the school so far" I replied, honestly as I could.

"Did you also write about the possessions of other classmates/teachers, The screeching.. Or screaming, I guess, noises, and well... Avery's sudden change in attitude?" Nicola asked, quietly. I will admit that hearing them talk quietly was something I thought I'd never hear them do. Neither less, I nodded.

"You better not let a teacher, or the principal get hold of your journal, okay?" They hurriedly told me, in such a hushed voice. I was shocked.

"Why?" I asked.

"The Librarian said that students like you have documented their time at White Fox Academy, but when someone found out... The evidence was destroyed, and some of those folks were... never seen again" They whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"Okay..?" I muttered. Nicola pulled away and started another conversation as if nothing happened. I'm gonna have to hide my journal more often now, but how?