Entry 6

August 30th,

Last night, I called my sister and finally asked her about the journal.

This is how our conversation went.

Jess: Hey Sis!

Me: Hey

Jess: How's the school so far?

Me: I don't start till around Thursday, though I did meet interesting people.

Jess: Good for you! How is everything?

Me: Pretty chill so far...

Jess: Are you hiding something?

Me: It's nothing important, Hehe...

Jess: If you say so!

Me: I wanted to ask, why did you buy me this Journal anyways?

Jess: It's a secret~ Just joking! It's best to document your time at that Academy, especially with the rumors about it.

Me: Yeah, like the one about First years sleeping in dungeons on their first day? Not true. Heck, I don't know if there are dungeons!

Jess: ...

Me: Are there any others I'm missing? The Rumour about it being scary on the outside and beautiful on the inside is true!

Jess: One confirmed, but did you hear about the supposed demon foxes?

Me: No, I haven't.

Jess: Apparently, There are two stories about this.

Me: I'm interested, please share!

Jess: I'll share the first one.

Me: Okay..? But why?

Jess: I don't wanna start the second one then my phone randomly dies. It's at a low battery at the moment.

Me: Shoot

Jess: a while ago, there were some foxes with demon-like abilities due to genetic malfunctions or something like that. This was way back in the 1700s, and folks back then weren't too keen on those kinds of critters, so they hunted and killed them all. But one guy who was buying some land took in two of the foxes, a boy, and a girl, without knowing what they were capable of. He ended up founding White Fox Academy, which started as an all-boys school. Unfortunately, the dude wasn't a very good principal and did some pretty terrible things to the students, even killing some of them. The foxes weren't too pleased with this and ended up killing the guy one day. But, he managed to slash the foxes with a knife before he went, and a few male students got some of their abilities. Fast forward a bit, and a new principal came in who built some dungeons to lock up the boys and foxes. It's said that if you come into contact with the demon foxes' blood, you can get possessed, and it hurts like crazy. There's a rumor going around that if someone's body gets completely taken over, their hair turns white, their eyes turn icy blue, and their skin becomes as white as snow. Crazy stuff, huh?

Me: Where did you learn this?

Jess: White Fox Academy is mentioned all over social media, especially for its dark academic looks.

Me: Oof-

Then the call ended, meaning that her phone finally died. Oh well.

From the desk I was sitting out, which was decorated with the fake plant Mom got me, I look around the dorm. Comfortable, clean(for now), and cozy. Feels safe! I took a bottom bunk, since it's safer, and mine is near a desk. Eri is in the bunk above me. In the bunk bed across from ours are Hazel (Top bunk) and Avery (Bottom Bunk) In the Bunk Bed in front of us are Nicola (Top Bunk) and Sabrina (Bottom Bunk), and across them, in front of the twins, are Mei (Top Bunk) and Charlotte(Bottom Bunk).

I'm currently alone in my dorm. Well, not alone. Nicola is here, but she's napping. I'm sitting at the desk, which is dark oak with a few draws on each side and a board with more storage to hold plants/books on top of the desk. The desk comes with a matching dark oak chair, which I'll say now, isn't comfortable. I can't move much though, since the floorboards are loud, and I don't know if Nicola is a light sleeper or not. I'm not risking it.

As I think about the phone call though, did she buy me a journal to document my first year at this school? What would this journal do? Heck, this journal will most likely just be ranting about a teenage girl. What will be so special about it?