Entry 11

Sept. 10thTime: 12:10 pm

It was very hard to find a good seat, but I managed to find one with Nicola and Hazel nearby. Everyone else seems to be busy with other friends which I don't mind. I'm just glad it's Lunchtime. I had two quizzes this morning, one for English, One for Algebra. My neck hurts, and I'm starving. We haven't been served our food yet. Let me write about how the lunch system works. We're given a small sheet of paper (Everyone) and we have to write down what we want, with allergies and dietary needs. If we're low on supplies, then we'll be given two or three options or just a single thing everyone has to eat. I don't know how supplies work, but I know from Gardening class, that Mr. Floris, as well as a few other teachers/students, grow the fruits, vegetables, Herbs, and Spices that are used in the food, and we have a chicken coup Mr. and Mrs. Floris tends to for Eggs and their meet. Other Meats(Steak, Ground Beef, Pork, Sausages, etc.), Dairy, Tea, Coffee, Tea, and other foods seem to be shipped in almost weekly. At least, I think so. I could be wrong. Also, I share the same Gardening class period with Hazel and Mei, and I can now consider them friends. Hazel's chill and friendly, and Mei's kind and smart. Hazel is on my left, and Mei is on my right. Nicola is next to Hazel, sitting at the end part of the table, Sabrina is sitting next to Mei, and Charlotte has rested her head on Sabrina's shoulder, passing out. Though, I realized, there was no sign of Avery. Hazel seems to be concerned as well. She wrote down what she wanted to eat before walking away. "Should I go with her?" Nicola added. "Probably for the best, she might need backup" Mei replied before I could say no. At first, I was gonna call Mei stupid but then realized that she was right. At least they wrote down what they wanted to eat.

Time: 5:00 pm I had another test for Spanish, and then a pop quiz during Art History. God, I'm tired. Though, I'm proud of myself for turning in all my homework today. I'm laying in my bed writing, while Nicola and Hazel are in the room, at the bay window, watching the rain. It started raining during Gardening class, and it doesn't seem to stop. Avery's here as well, but she's... silent. Nothing Sarcastic has left her mouth she hasn't said a single word. Not during Art History, or today in general. I'm calling it a sign of relief. I believe that someone told a teacher about Avery's rude behavior and the teacher gave her lunch detention or something. I can't be certain of what happened. It was so strange to see her so quiet, Laying in her bed and staring straight at the roof of the room. "Avery, you good?" I spoke up. No response. "Avery?" I sat up, facing her. By then, I'd gotten Hazel and Nicola's attention. I then stood up and slowly walked towards her. "Avery?" I asked again. She looked up at me. Though she's wearing her typical blue-green-colored contacts, her eyes look dead. Her eyes were also red and poofy. "go away..." She whispered under her breath, her voice shaky. She then faced Nicola. "Sorry about being racist and homophobic towards you." She dully yet sincerely said. Hazel and I looked at each other, stunned. At the same time, Nicola moved away from Hazel and lept towards Avery. "It's okay! It's okay!" They beamed over and over again. Avery softly smiled while hugging back. What happened to her? Yesterday, she was sarcastic and rude. Now she's being polite? What happened?