Entry Five

August 27th,

Time: 10:28 am

Today's breakfast was Scrambled Eggs with Toast, fruit, and tea. Then, we all took our morning shower and dressed in our casual clothes. (We don't wear uniforms until the sixth of September). I went for the Hello Kitty sweater and a pair of black shorts that I had packed. To complete the look, I grabbed two random socks from my bag (which didn't match) and slipped on my white and teal running shoes.

Us First years and a few random older students (3rd-4th years) met up in the dorm hallway. I was standing next to Eri, and the wall. We then walked out of the dorm hallway and into the main hall. Across from the student, dorms is the dining hall, or cafeteria as some call it. We all then walked into another hallway.

In that hallway, it contained the Principal's office, the Clinic, the Counselor's office, and the staff room. On the opposite side of the building, another hallway featured a cluster of math classes such as Algebra I/II, Geometry I/II, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and more, as well as a range of history classes such as Art History, World History, USA History, AP History, Ancient History, and the like.

 As we made our way upstairs, the left side of the building revealed the library and two study rooms, along with the grand auditorium. On the right-hand side, we found a series of hallways that led to various classes such as language courses, art classes, and science labs, among others.

Towards the rear of the school, we stumbled upon a small playground, a well-maintained track field, and a sprawling area that I could only assume was meant for gardening classes. Beyond that, the school grounds were surrounded by dense, dark forest. Despite the school's exterior being terrifying, I couldn't help but appreciate the natural beauty that surrounded it.

By the time we were done touring the school, it was lunchtime. So we all sat down yet again. This time, everyone had options on what they wanted to eat. I decided to get some schnitzel mit Pommes Frites, with Lemonade as my drink of choice.

I sat with my roommates as we ate, and I got to know these people. Eri's mother used to come to this school. Avery and Hazel are in fact, Twins! And their Grandfather used to come to this school and was even a teacher here at the academy. And Nicola came from a rich family in Africa, who all have a history of coming to this school. Sabrina and Charlotte know little to nothing about this school. They were just put here by their parents, similar to my situation.

Time: 2:02 pm

For most of today, it was peaceful. Unless, you count the random, fainting screeching noises I hear. I thought I was going crazy until Mei asked me.

"Did you hear... the screech?"

I nodded to her in reply before it happened again. She hugged me tightly in fear, and I looked around. It startled some second years and all of the first years, including myself. But the teachers, principal, janitor, nurse, 3rd and 4th years, and the rest of the second years were completely unphased by it. I was so confused that I went up to the nurse.

"I keep on hearing screeching noises... Their faint yet near" I told her.

"Oh trust me, dear, you're not the only one. Everyone hears them. It just takes a while to get used to them." She replied. I was confused, dumbfounded even. Why? Why is this normal to them?