Chapter 9: The Stranger at the Park

Zack and Cody finished their sixth periods; it was finally Friday in Boston and the twins had a three day weekend. Zack was looking forward to playing Alien Ninja Slamma Jamma with Cody and Tapeworm; Cody was looking forward to doing the same, as well as joining the chess club with Warren. He and Tapeworm met Warren when they went to camp Knock-A-Number two weeks prior.

"So guys, after I get back from the park with Drew at 5, you ready to have the best three day weekend ever!? Zack said to his friends.

"Yeah!" They said in unison.

"Awesome," said Zack.

Zack Cody and Tapeworm walked into the entrance of the hotel where they met Mr Moseby.

"Ah ah ah, there's one hooligan too many today I see," Mr Moseby said, in his sarcastic voice. 

"Relax Mr Moseby, It's just Tapeworm," Zack replied. "He's hanging out with us this weekend."

Mr Moseby sighed.

"Of Course he is. Just don't run around my hotel Zack and Cody"

"Okay Mr Moseby," they both said.

The three of them went the elevator and to the suite. Zack went in his room to grab his basketball stuff to go to the park to meet Drew.

"Hey Cody, want to go to the park with the frisbee?" Tapeworm asked.

"Sure!"

Zack made his way back to the main room.

"Hey Zack, you mind if we join you at the park?" Cody asked his brother.

"If you guys want to, sure."

They three of them made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before they left for the park. Zack knocked on the bathroom door.

"Hey Mom, we're going to the park!"

"Okay, be safe! I love you!"

"Love you," Zack and Cody said together as they ran out the door.

* * *

Drew and his friends were already at the park when the three of them arrived. Zack ran straight for the court while Tapeworm and Cody went to the field with their frisbee.   

"What's Up Z?" Drew said once Zack made it to the court.

"Not much, you guys ready to play?" Zack said.

"Yeah. 2 on 2 let's do it."

Meanwhile Cody and Tapeworm were playing catch with the frisbee just beyond the court. 

"Go long!" Shouted Tapeworm.

Cody began running away from Tapeworm in a rush to catch the frisbee. He ran about 30 yards before he bumped into something and fell down. When he looked up he was it wasn't a something; it was a someone. High schoolers.

"Watch where you're going kid," the kid in the front said as he grabbed Cody and helped him up. One of his friends chuckled.

"Uh thanks, s-sorry about that I was chasing after my frisbee and I―" Cody began before being cut off.

"It's okay man," the kid said, ruffling Cody's blonde hair with has hand before continuing. 

"What's your name kid?"

"Cody?" Cody answered slowly.

"Walk with me Cody," the kid said as he gripped Cody's shoulder and led him into the woods.