Chapter 14: Confrontations

Zack sprinted towards his brother; his eyes were slits. Luke dropped Cody instantly, unintentionally a little bit too hard. Cody fell back against the lockers and slid down on his knees.

"Cody, are you okay?" Cody asked his brother.

"i-i'm okay zack," he said hesitantly. Zack turned and looked at Luke.

"It was you!  You did this to Cody!" Zack said.

"No listen Zack, It's not what it looks lik―"

"That's why you were at the park with him! You were.." He got choked up in his emotions. "You were the one hurting him, WHY HIM?" Zack demanded.

"Zack it wasn't me, i'm telling you. You have to believe me," Luke stated.

Zack knelt down next to his brother. His heart shattered when he saw the salty tear line that Luke had caused on his face.

"Luke, you have to go." Zack said quietly.

"But Zack―" Luke tried.

"LEAVE!"

Luke knelt down next to Cody and put an hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

"Don't touch him!" Zack yelled. He pushed Luke away from his brother.

"This is the last time I'm asking you to leave, Luke. You've done enough; and you will pay for this." Zack said coldly.

Luke stood up and backed away from the twins. He had been the very thing he was trying to save Cody from. How could he have been so clueless; every time he grabbed Cody's shoulder or his arm, fear grew in his eyes. And now he did exactly what Drew would do, instead of doing the right thing. He looked at Cody in the eyes.

"Cody, I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me one day." Luke said before he began to walk away. He felt terrible.

Zack turned to look back at his brother. He tried comforting his brother by placing a light hand on his shoulder.

"Cody, I'm sorry I wasn't there. We should tell Mr Hill, okay?" Zack said.

"no zack; trust me i'm okay, really," Cody said in return.

"But Cody, this isn't okay."

"It is Zack, telling Mr. Hill would only make it worse."

"How Codes?"

"It just will okay. You trust me right?"

"Of course I do," Zack said.

"Then all I ask is that you b-believe me, okay?"

"You know I do but at least for me, please just tell somebody; like a teacher or Mr. Hill if you have to. Do it for me please?" Zack said. Cody looked down. Zack lifted his hand off of his shoulder.

"Do it for me Cody, that's all I ask."

"o-okay."

* * *

The next day at school, Zack was looking for Luke; he planned on having him pay for what Cody did. Meanwhile, his brother planned on meeting with Mr Hill. He had been fearing it all morning but he decided to do it for his brother. Zack thought that was the best idea, and knowing himself, he always put his brother first. Ten minutes after the the third bell rung and lunch began, he slowly walked to the main office, and knocked on Mr. Hill's Door.

"Come in!" He bellowed from inside the office.

Cody inched the door open and slowly walked in the room.

"Ah, Mr. Martin; so glad you see your face again." Mr. Hill said.

"T-Thanks you too sir." Cody said nervously. Mr. Hill chuckled.