VII - Ilu

"Okay Sully's, fall in," Dad told everyone as he sat down on the floor. Neteyam dragged me over, plopping them onto the floor next to Lo'ak and Tuk. Neytiri grabbed Kiri, the teen rolling her eyes as her mother pulled her down to sit as well.

"Okay. I need you kids to be on your best behavior, and I mean it." Jake started, looking at us. "Learn fast, pull your weight, and don't cause any trouble. Got it?" He questioned, looking at Lo'ak, Neteyam, and I for the last part. We nodded, silence filling the air until Tuks' whining stopped it.

"I want to go home. Tuk cried, rubbing her eyes with her hands. I rubbed my little sister's back with my hand, trying to soothe her.

"Oh Tuk..." Mom sighed sadly.

"Tuk, it's okay. This is our home now." Dad reassured his youngest daughter. I let my Dad's words sink in. This is our home now. We would most likely never go back to the forest. I let my head sink down, a few tears falling. I had never imagined leaving the forest. I miss my Pa'li, A'vin. Neteyam noticed his twin's solemn expression and grabbed her hand, caressing it with his thumb. Jake sighed and continued talking.

"We're gonna get through this." Dad started, taking Tuk's hand. She looked up, seeing Jake looking at her. "We'll be able to get through this if we have each other's back. Alright?" He finished. His tone sounded as if he was trying to convince himself as well as the others.

"What does your father always say?" Neytiri questioned her kids.

"Sully's stick together." We all whispered.

"Alright, now this time with a little more feeling." Jake encouraged with a smile.

"Sully's stick together." Everyone said with a little more emotion.

After a while of just relaxing around the hut, Tuk convinced me to play with her dolls for a little. I complied, even though it was really the last thing I wanted to do at this point. But, I couldn't say no to her face. Mom always says that it's going to bite me in the butt later but I never disliked being with Tuk.

Tuk ran to a box, pulling out the wooden dolls that I had made for her last year. She ran back over, plopping down on the ground. Just as she was about to speak, Tsireya poked her head into the hut. I put the doll down, my eyes looking towards the girl
"Want to swim with us in the ocean?" Tsireya asked us. Tuk nodded eagerly, throwing her dolls at me and running over to the girl. I winced in pain as the six wooden dolls hit my body, two hitting my head, and the rest of them hitting my arms or legs. Lo'ak snickered at me, resulting in having a doll getting chucked towards him. He ducked out of the way, the doll flying towards our father.

"Oh shit." I spoke as he moved just in time, the doll flying into the wall of the hut. It fell with a thunk, my father glaring at me and Lo'ak with an annoyed look on his face.

"Why not?" Neteyam answered. I contemplated. I didn't want to be left out, but I didn't want everyone to know that I was afraid of the water. I didn't get much time to think before I was lifted off of the ground by my twin. He shoved me out of the hut, forcing me to walk.

Tsireya, Aonung, and Roxto walked towards the water, gracefully diving into the water. Lo'ak and Neteyam ran to the end of the walkway, cannonballing into the water, Tuk just jumped in, and Kiri slowly lowered herself in, leaving me still above the water.

I watched from above as my siblings swam under the water, following the Metkayina teens. They all surfaced, Neteyam looking around once he noticed that I wasn't near him. He spotted me still on the walkway, sitting down with my knees pulled up to my chest. He swam back over to me, holding his hand out for me.

"I'm not going to let you go." Neteyam spoke as I placed my hand in his, lowering myself into the water. Chills were sent down my spine as the water surrounded me. I nodded, letting Neteyam that I was okay. Our Dad had always said that our twin bond was the strongest he's ever seen.