VIII - Unconscious

Tsireya took us to a rocky island and we all sat around in a big circle. I sat in between Ao'nung and Roxto, across from Lo'ak.

"Breath in." Tsireya said as she moved her hands up towards her face. "And breath out." she added as she brought them back down. It kind of looked like she was meditating. "Just imagine a flickering flame." She told them. I watched as Roxto made motions with his hands, bringing them up and down as he breathed.

Tsireya put one of her hands on Lo'ak's chest, the other being placed on his stomach. "You must slow down your heartbeat." She said. Tsireya patted Lo'ak's stomach, telling him that he had to breath from there.

"Lo'ak, your heart beat is fast. Try to slow it down." Tsireya commented quietly to the boy. I looked at Neteyam, smirking at him. We both knew that Lo'ak had the hots for Tsireya.

"Sorry." He muttered.

"Try to focus." Tsireya told him calmly. Lo'ak nodded, taking deep breaths as he looked ahead of him. I laughed at him, stopping when I heard shuffling next to me.

I turned to the left to see Ao'nung moving closer to me. I watched intently as he placed a hand on my lower stomach and chest. Shivers were sent through my body like electricity at the feeling of his hands.

"You're doing exactly what not to do forest girl." Ao'nung smirked at me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"What ever fish lips." I teased as I took a deep breath, my heart beat slowing under Ao'nungs hand. He nodded with a small smile on his lips as his hands retreated from my body.

"Can we swim around the reef again? This is boring!" Tuk whined. I smiled at my little sister and sighed. "Please Y/n! Please!" She asked as she grabbed my hand, tugging on it softly. My gaze shifted slightly. I really didn't want to say no to her.

"I can join you guys if you want? I'll be by you the whole time..." Ao'nung muttered, just soft enough for me to hear. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"That's be nice... I guess." I replied with a small smile tugging on my lips. He nodded, Tuk telling Neteyam and Lo'ak that she was going to swim with us.

I dipped into the water, Ao'nung watching carefully as I did. Tuk jumped in next to me, splashing us slightly. She swam out farther in the reef, the two of us following.

"Tuk don't go to far!" I shouted at my little sister. She looked back at me and nodded. Ao'nung and I stopped swimming as a group of ilu swam around us, spinning in circles.

"Y/n!" Tuk shouted out. I whipped my head to the right to see her farther out in the reef. My eyes widened as I saw a large wave forming. Ao'nung swam fast towards Tuk, grabbing her and protecting them from the wave as it went over them. I was behind them, being a slower swimmer.

"Oh shit-" I shouted as the waved crashed over me. It pushed me down under the surface slightly, making me panic. I thrasher around under the water, tumbling and spinning. I was quickly losing my breath, my vision starting to go blurry. As my vision went totally black, I felt grabbed my arm, pulling me up to the surface.

"Shit. Shit!" He yelled out as he glanced down at Y/n who was unconscious. He quickly called his ilu, the friendly sea creature quickly swimming to him. He pulled himself, Y/n and Tuk onto the sea creature. He urged it to swim fast to the shore, the ilu making a break for it.

A couple fishing Metkayina's saw Ao'nung's frantic and panicked look on his face, helping him with the girl. A large man took him from his arms, carrying Y/n to the tsahik's hut. Ao'nung picked up Tuk who had been crying, trailing behind the large man.

Ao'nung called out for his mother, Ronal being startled when he did so. Her eyes widened when she saw the eldest Sully daughter in a large man's arms.

"What happened son?" Ronal questioned as she motioned for the girl to be put down. She quickly told Tsireya to collect the Sully family, the girl running out of the hut to do so.

"We were swimming with Tuk and she saw out too far. There was a large wave forming so I swam to get Tuk but I must've left Y/n behind. She got sucked under by the wave and couldn't back up. God this is all my fault! I knew that she was afraid of the water. I should have dragged her along with me." Ao'nung scolded himself. Ronal sighed, placing a hand on her sons shoulders softly before going to tend to the teen.

"Y/n!" Jake shouted as he ran into the hut, dropping to his knees next to his daughter. Neytiri and Kiri did the same, looking over her unconscious figure. Neteyam and Lo'ak stood by the enterance, glaring daggers at Ao'nung.

"What had happened to her?" Neytiri spoke, tears welling up in her eyes. Ronal told the same story that she heard from Ao'nung, the parents nodding their heads on understanding.

"I will wake her up now. I need the room to myself. I will call you in once she is awake." Ronal spoke. Jake stood up, placing a hand on his mates shoulder as she begrudgingly stood up and walked away from her daughter. Ao'nung, Tsireya and Tonowari followed them out, reassuring them that Y/n would be okay.

"This is all your fault!" Lo'ak shouted at Ao'nung once everyone was far enough away from them. He shoved Ao'nung, the boy stumbling back, but not falling.

"I swear, it's not!" Ao'nung defended himself. Neteyam scoffed at the boys words.

"Yeah right, you were there with both of our sisters. One is crying and the other is unconscious right now." Neteyam seethed.

"Tuk wanted to explore so I said that I would go with them! I didn't know that a wave that large would form! I went to go get Tuk because she was smaller and younger. I didn't realize that Y/n might not have been okay." Ao'nung spoke. Neteyam and Lo'ak's gazes softened when they heard what the boy had said. Although Neteyam's twin was unconscious, Ao'nung had decided to save the sister that was not capable of saving herself.

"Alright, but if she doesn't wake up. Just know that we will come for you." Lo'ak spat. Ao'nung's ears lowered for a second but rose right back up. He nodded, walking off from the two brothers, praying to Eywa that Y/n would be okay.

Only because Neteyam and Lo'ak had threatened him though. No other reason.

Another chapter! I will start writing in this book more since I only have to write the epilogue in my Neteyam x reader book. Hope you enjoyed, don't forget to comment and vote. ❤️