XIX- Arrivals

I swam under the water, my hand holding onto Änoí. We swam beside Ao'nung and Ayzi, twirling and diving down.

We had gotten much closer after the fight. He had been there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on. Sometimes one of us would sneak out and sleep with the other in their room for comfort too.

Being with Ao'nung all the time made me realize just how much I really liked him. He had gotten more touchy, my Dad and Lo'ak starting to notice.

Ao'nung's ilu stopped quickly, swimming up to the surface of the water. My eyebrows furrowed as I followed, inhaling deeply as my head broke the water's surface.

"What is it?" I spoke. Ao'nung looked at me and then turned back. He moved his hand out, pointing at something.

"There is something flying in the distance." He spoke. I squinted my eyes, putting a hand over ny head to block the sun. I saw it. Whatever it was, was coming towards us fast.

"We need to go back." Ao'nung spoke. I nodded as we took off back towards the shore. As we hopped off of our ilu, the conch shell was blown.

Ao'nung grabbed my hand as we ran through the sand to where the clan was gathering. It was like dejavu. 4 Ikrans flew over the water, slowly coming to a stop where we all stood.

Ao'nung dragged me up to the front of the crowd to get a good look of what was happening. His eyes narrowed once he finally saw them.

These Ikrans were different. They were darker, their skin a smoked color and acting as armor. Orange and red color splotches danced on their skin.

The Nav'vi were a different story. Once they got off of their Ikrans, I could clearly see them. Their skin color was way darker than our, being a dark, ashy blue. Their eyes were a yellowish green instead of blue or amber. Their bodies were lean like the forest clan, but muscular like the reef clan.

"I don't like this." Ao'nung spoke as he retracted his hand from mine, walking up to the family. Rotxo walked next to him and I face planted. I scanned the family, counting 5 Na'vi.

Two adults stood in the front. I assumed that they were the mother and father. A little girl stood next to the mother, holding her hand gently. Two boys stood behind them, glancing at the Navi around them. They seemed to be around my age, maybe a little younger or older.

Their eyes followed my body as I walked towards Ao'nung, slapping his hand as he made fun of them.

"Do not. You know what happened last time Ao'nung." I snapped. The two brothers snickered as Ao'nung's ears lowered at my words. My eyes quickly moved from Ao'nung's face to the boys. Ao'nung sighed but nodded as he wrapped an arm around my waist and walked to his father's side.

I could tell he was jealous already. He didn't like that the new arrivals were looking at me. He wanted to show them that I was his and no one else's. And if it didn't work the first time, he has plenty more tricks up his sleeves.

"Are you jealous?" I whispered into Ao'nung's ear as I smirked. His head whipped towards mine, our lips inches apart. His eyes moved to the side to make sure that the two boys were watching. They were.

"No, I just don't like people looking at my girl like that." He spoke as he placed a soft kiss on my lips. I blushed profusely and looked down as I smiled.

"I see you." The man spoke as Ronal made her way to stand next to Toniwari. My Mom and Dad stood next to, and slightly behind them. "I see you Ronal, Tsahík of the Metkayina." He said.

"Why did you come to us?" Tonowari asked the father. He looked behind him to his family before answering.

"We seek Uturu." He told Tonowari.