XIV - Ships

We all swam frantically as the human ships chased after us. Teko swerved around the coral and seaweed, the two of us getting chased by a ship.

Tuk was slowly losing her grip on Kiri, totally flying off when a giant leaf had hit her. I watched as my little sister quickly swam out of sight into a large plant with an air bubble for her to breath.

Teko chirped to let me know that another ship was going after us. Now two of the humans ships were chasing after me. I swerved and turned, trying to get them off of my tail. They launched something towards me, hitting Teko in his fin. It blew up, sending the two of us up to the surface. I let go of Teko, praying that he would be alright, and swam to a large plant.

I surfaced, scaring my two siblings and Tsireya. I gasped for air, placing a hand on my chest.

"Are you alright?" I asked, turning the girl around as she checked her for any injuries. She nodded, making me sigh. "Are you two alright?" I asked the two teens. They nodded as well, taking deep breaths.

Tsireya looked into the water again, seeing the submarine coming closer to them. I took Tuk's hand, each of them taking one deep breath before submerging back into the water. We swam as fast as their legs would allow, but it was not fast enough.

A large net surrounded them, enclosing around Tuk and Tsireya. Lo'ak had somehow managed to escape and was trying to cut the net with his knife. I had moved just at the right second, the net missing me just by a little bit. It was not working at all. A large blue and green ikran dove into the water, grabbing the net with its talons and lifting the girls into the air.

Lo'ak was lifted with them as I swam to the surface to catch my breath. I dipped my head back under the water to look for any ships heading towards me.

I swam away as one of the human ships spotted me, going deeper and deeper. I spotted Kiri saving Ao'nung and Rotxo, thankful for my sister. Ao'nung's eyes caught mine, fear flashing through his facial expression. He pointed at something behind me, making me turn.

A large Tsurak swam full speed at me, the animal not seeming like it was going to stop. Of course I did the one thing that you would not expect me to do. I reached my hand out, grabbing the Tsurak's queue and connecting it with mine.

The Tsurak seemed to understand what was happening, castle swimming away from the ship. I held on tightly, looking back to see Ao'nung getting chased. I told the Tsurak to turn around, the large animal going back for Ao'nung.

He spotted me as I reached my hand out, pulling him towards me as I near him. His hands wrapped around my waist, holding on tightly. I saw the outline of a Ikran chasing my mother, telling the Tsurak to fly up. We broke the waters surface, the Tsurak pulling his wings out. We flew up, the Tsurak clamping it's jaws down onto the Ikran.

"Wohooo!" Ao'nung cheered as he jutted a fist into the air. I tipped, my mother calling back. More Ikrans and ships chased after us, outnumbering us.

"Ao'nung, when I tell you connect your queue to the tsuraks." I told him, yelling over the sound of the fighting. He looked at me with wide eyes but nodded. I chirped loudly, calling for Txur'itan. I saw his shadow in the distance, getting into position. He flew close to the Tsurak, avoiding the arrows that were being shot at him.

"Now!" I shouted as I disconnected my queue to the tsurak's, jumping off and onto my Ikran. Xur'itan roared loudly, the sound echoing. I flew down towards the ship, shooting arrows at the humans. I reached the ship where Lo'ak, Tsireya and Tuk were being held, jumping down from Xur'itan and rolling to the floor.

"Y/n!" Tuk exclaimed. I drew and arrow, shooting an avatar in the head. As I shot down that avatar, one came from behind me and put his hand around my queue and pulled down harshly. I hissed in pain, Lo'ak calling out to me.

The avatars around me laughed. I looked behind me, seeing Quaritch holding onto my queue. He saw r a sickening smirk down to me, making my stomach churn.

"Good to see you again Miss Sully." He spoke. I hissed at him, gaining a pull on my queue.

"Stop. Stop! Don't hurt her, please!" Someone shouted. I moved my eyes to the side, not wanting to move my head, seeing Spider jump down from a railing. I grew annoyed quickly. Whenever something bad happened, that boy was always there. He was like a curse.

"Mawey Tuk, mawey." I cooed.

"It's Dad." Tuk exclaimed with a smile. I looked at the horizon to see a group of skimwings flying on the ocean surface. Quartich snatched the earpiece from Lo'ak and put it in his ear. Dad was in the front, Toniwari, Ronal and Ao'nung next to him. Mom flew above them on her Ikran, Txu'iran next to her.

"Jake. Tell your friends to stand down. If you want your kids back, you come out alone." Quaritch sneered. "You know better than to test my resolve." He added as he placed a gun to my head.

"No!" Lo'ak shouted as he fought against the restraints. Quartich looked back to the group out in the ocean before speaking again.

"I took you under my wing Jake, and you betrayed me. You killed your own kind. Good men and women." Quaritch spoke. "And I will not hesitate to execute your children." Jake's skimwing slowly swam it's way closer to the boat, leaving the rest behind.

"He's in range to be shot." One of Quartich's men told him. He lowered the gun and shook his head.

"If you hit him now they attack, wait until he is on board." Quaritch explained. Jake was about halfway to the ship when something exploded out of the water. Quaritch's grip on my queue loosened, but never fully went away. My eyes went large as I saw Payakan land on the ship, destroying everything in his path. The tulkun flailed around, crashing into the crew members, killing them instantly.

"Brother!" Lo'ak shouted to Payakan. The large mammal made a happy noise in response. The crew members began shooting at Payakan, but his hard exterior skin was too tough for the bullets to hurt him. A large harpoon was launched his way, soaring through the air. He moved his head slightly, the harpoon hitting the crest on his head and bouncing off.

"Sully is inbound. I want eyes out!" Quaritch yelled at his men. He cuffed my to the railing, making his way over to his ikran and connected to it, flying off to find Jake. We watched as the crew ran around, gathering their weapons.

The ship bounced over waves created by Payakan, suspending the four Na'vi into the air for a few seconds. They held onto the railing while their bodies floated. The ship crashed down, them with it. My body slammed against the floor harshly, feeling a stinging sensation in my leg. I looked down, seeing a small gash from my knee to the middle of my shin. It was bleeding, but not too badly.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Tuk asked when she heard I hiss in pain. I nodded, putting on a tough face for her. She bought it, but Tsireya and Lo'ak didn't. They noticed the pain in your eyes.

I sat against the railing, totally out of it and starting to see black spots dancing around from the blood lose when I heard Tuk scream.

"Neteyam!" Tuk screamed. I turned my head to the side as I saw Neteyam on the ship, running towards them. He kissed Tuk on the head before cutting the binds that were holding her to the railing. He then moved to Tsireya, doing the same.

"Who's the mighty warrior now?" Neteyam smirked at his baby brother. Lo'ak hissed in annoyance as Neteyam cut his binds too. He made his way to my smiling when he saw her.

"Oh Y/n." He sighed when he saw the blood on my leg. He cut my binds, helping me stand up. He wrapped his hands around my waist, hugging her tightly. He pulled back, putting his forehead against mine. It was the way that we showed affection to each other.

Neteyam told Tuk and Tsireya to leave, the two jumping into the water and swimming to where Ao'nung and Roxto were. Lo'ak picked up a gun, walking away from the two.

"Where do you think your going?" Neteyam asked as he grabbed Lo'ak's arm.

"We have to save Spider." He spoke. Neteyam rolled his eyes but nodded. Neteyam and I followed Lo'ak into the ship, walking around to find Spider.

1524 words, proofread. Some sad chapters coming soon...... 😢 😔