XV - Shot

Lo'ak, Neteyam and I were climbing upside down on a pipe, looking for Spider. We had eventually found him, but he was surrounded by Quartich's men. Neteyam gave us a signal, the three of us falling down from the pipe and attacking.

I punched one of the humans, killing him after shooting an arrow at his stomach. Spider was still being held by two people, so I grabbed one of them and flung them across the room. I heard a sickening crack when he hit the wall, a smirk forming on my face. The other man just stared at me and voluntarily jumped into the water to escape.

"You guys came back." Spider spoke. Lo'ak and Neteyam gave him a brotherly hug, but I stood off to the side. When they broke the hug, Spider turned to me. He put his hand to his head and lowered. I hesitated but a smile formed onto my face as I walked towards the human boy. His eyes widened as I brought him into a hug.

"We need to go." I told the boys as my ears tilted, hearing people running towards them. We started to run through the ship, hiding behind a wall when they started to get shot at. I grabbed my bow that was resting on my back, knocking an arrow and letting it fly. It impaled itself in one of the avatars, the body dropping dead.

Lo'ak grabbed a gun, pointing it at the avatars, but Neteyam grabbed it from his hands. He ushered Lo'ak and Spider to jump into the water near them, the two complying.

"Go! Quick!" He shouted above the firing of the guns as the two leapt into the water. He expected me to go with them, but he wasn't totally surprised when he saw me next to him firing arrows one after the other.

"I already know what you're going to say. I'm not leaving you! You're my twin brother, if anything happens to you, it's gonna happen to me too." I spoke. Neteyam nodded, focusing back on the avatars heading our way.

"Alright, we go in three. One." Neteyam spoke, shooting the gun. The body dropped, but more were running at them still.

"Two!" I snarled as I shot an arrow. I reached back for another, but I was out. She looked at her knife. She grabbed it, flinging it at one of the last avatars. It sunk into his leg, but it didn't kill him.

"Three!" He shouted as he threw the gun, grabbing my arm. He jumped into the water as bullets flew past us, pulling me behind him. I stinging sensation fill my body as we landed in the water.

"We did it!" I heard Lo'ak laugh as his head broke the surface of the water. Him and Spider laughed quickly, but noticed that the twins were struggling to keep their heads above the water.

"Y/n? Neteyam?" Lo'ak asked frantically. He watched as his older siblings struggled to keep their heads above the water, gasping for air with a pained look on their faces.

"We're shot." I groaned. My head dipped back under the water, Lo'ak rushing to pull her back up. He called for his ilu, the animal swimming to his aid, letting them rest the two on it's body.

"Dad! Y/n and Neteyam were shot!" Lo'ak shouted as Jake ran over to them from where he was on the rock. The three pulled Y/n and Neteyam off the ilu, the two groaning in pain as they did so.

"Watch their heads." Jake ordered as he and the boys moved them onto the rock. Jake looked over my body, seeing a gun wound in my stomach. Neteyam had one in his chest. He cursed silently as he turned his son's body over, seeing an exit wound.

He check his daughter, seeing no exit. He bullet must have went through Neteyam and into Y/n.

"It hurts!" I cried, my face scrunching up in pain. Lo'ak dropped down beside me, putting pressure on my stomach like Jake told him to do. Spider did the same to Neteyam, trying to stop the bleeding. Tsireya, Ao'nung and Roxto joined them, freezing when they saw them surrounding something.