𝟏. 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

Ekko's pov
~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh look who it is.."

It's now or never.

"The boy savior!"

There's no other choice. She's too far gone.

He exhales heavily, struggling to come to grips with the fact that he has to take her out of the picture for good.

He has to do it. For his people. He has to stop her.

But he's going to do it the fun way. How about a little game?

'For old time's shake. '  he thinks.

He chuckles and takes out his watch. He swings it from side to side, waiting to see her reaction.

At first, she looks confused. But as soon as she realises what he's doing, she lets out a small gasp and in a matter of seconds her lips curve in a cheeky grin.

She laughs and pulls out her gun.

"Hah" 

She gets ready, turning her body sideways. Same way she did when they were younger. She's looking right at him and he can't help but remember the way things used to be when they were kids. All the memories they had together, crumbled in his mind.

He sets his timer and recalls the strategy she used when they played. When they were kids, she always won. But not this time.

A few seconds pass and the time is out. Everything comes back to reality for the both of them.

His watch ticks and he starts running.

She shoots.

He dodges.

When he gets close to her, he jumps and screams before hitting her with his weapon.

'It's not her.' he thinks

She falls and tries to avoid his hits but she fails. He has his eyes closed while punching her because even though he does this, he doesn't want to.

'Just do it.' he thinks again

It hurts to fight her like this, but there's no other way.

'Powder is dead.' he keeps telling himself

Now, she's pinned down, bloodied and hurt. It is his chance to finish her.

But instead, he stops.

"no." she says faintly.

She looks at him with fear and sorrow, as if she's begging him to stop. She's never looked like this during a fight. Never. When he realizes who's under him his eyes widen. Right now, he's not looking at Jinx. He's looking at Powder. His childhood friend. His first love... After all these years, he saw her again. She's still there...she's always been there. It's a shame he didn't realise that sooner.

He melts into her and studies every feature of her face. Aside from her actions, aside from how much she changed as a person, she's still the same. Her cheeks, her eyes, her gaze, her blue hair. Everything is exactly the same. He knew that deep inside her, Powder was hiding. This sweet girl full of life, who once shared everything with him. Her feelings, her dreams, her ambitions. And everytime he saw her smile, his whole world lit up. It was just them and no one else in this world. Time just stopped around her.

Tears are hidden in his eyes but he doesn't let them fall. He just stares at her and she stares back. Something keeps both of them locked on each other's gaze. Whatever this feeling is, it's mutual. It's their moment. It's like their eyes are saying more than words ever would. Even though they were enemies, they still had a strong connection between them.

She gives him a faint smile, not breaking away from his gaze. That smile... He is sure it will haunt him for the rest of his life, for as long as he lives.

He wishes he never gave up on her. Never gave up on saving her... But what could he do, really? He was young back then. He didn't have the power to keep trying.

Suddenly , he hears a strange sound beside him and snaps himself out of his thoughts. He slowly turns his head and notices one of her bombs.

Shit.

He gasps and quickly knocks the bomb away with his weapon, but it's already too late. It takes a few seconds for the bomb to explode and they are both thrown in the air. And before they know it, everything goes black...

__________________________

Hello there.. so me and my friend decided to write a side story for these two. We hope you enjoyed it. We will soon publish more chapters so stay tuned!!

(There have been a few changes in this chapter so read it again if u want to!!)