𝟏𝟐. 𝙈𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨

"I told you this was a bad idea." Ekko said from behind

"Hey! It's not my fault he's gone okay?" she said as she turned around and rushed to him. She was so close to him that they could bump heads.

"Then whose fault is it?!" he shouted as he pushed her shoulder slightly.

"Don't fucking touch me." she hissed

He took a step away and didn't say anything after that. They both 
glared at each other as usual before their eyes widened at a sound that came from above. "Is it..?" Jinx whispered. "I hope not." Ekko whispered back. They slowly turned their heads up only to see none other than the creature standing on the edge of the roof, looking straight into their souls with his glowing eyes.

"Shit." Both of them said at the same time.

Before they knew it, the creature had jumped off of the roof and was a few seconds away from attacking them.

"Watch out!" Ekko shouted as he pushed Jinx away so that she wouldn’t be crashed by the creature and the creature bumbed onto him instead. He managed to get away as he hit the creature with his weapon.

Jinx had collided with the wall behind her as Ekko pushed her a little too hard, even though he didn't intend to. She slid down the wall and made a grunting noise from the pain the hit caused her.

The creature appeared a few steps away from her after Ekko hit him and quickly approached her with his claws wide spread. Jinx's eyes widened as the creature raised his hand and attacked her. She tried to block his attack by putting her arms around her head. Luckily, he only managed to scratch her right arm with his claws. However the scratch was so bad it started bleeding a lot , but she had been through worse.

Before the creature attacked her again, Ekko was quickly enough to catch Jinx. He swooped her in his arms as he hopped on his hoverboard and got away from the creature as fast as he could.

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly as he settled her down, still holding her by the waist.

She looked at him with an unreadable expression on her face before she spoke.

"Yea.." she responded with a sigh before looking away from him.

He stared at her in concern before he noticed her arm was hurt.

"Your arm is bleeding." he said as he looked at it.

He caught her attention as she looked at her arm and gently rested her fingers on the side of the wound, wiping away her blood.

"Wonderful."  she said unamused "Where are we going anyway?" she asked looking up at him.

"Some place where that thing won't find us."

"...You're not taking me to that hideout of yours, are you?"  she asked awkardly

"Ugh no!? There's no way I would do that. Just because I care about you it doesn't mean I'm not aware of what you're capable of."

Her eyes widened at his words. Did Ekko just say that he cared about her? And without hesitation? Really? As if she would ever believe that. Maybe in another life...or so she thought.

"Hm. Glad you're careful with me." she said with a vicious smile, trying to play it cool.

"You bet I am." he said as he threw an annoyed look at her.

"..."

"..."

"Plus if the firelights saw you there, I'm pretty sure you guys would be butting heads... or worse."