𝟏𝟒. 𝙅𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙤'𝙨

"Why didn't you just tell me we were heading to Jericho's? You know I've been here before right?" Jinx said annoyingly

"Okay okay, no need to whine about it." Ekko said as they sat. "For goodness sake.." he whispered under his breath, not knowing she could hear him.

"There's no such thing as goodness, boy savior." she said with a blank expression as she rested her elbow on the countertop resting her cheek on her palm.

"Why do you keep calling me that?" Ekko asked

"Why do you have so many questions all the time...gosh~?" she asked in return as she turned to face him

"Jinx." he said as if his mouth was full of  venom.

"What?" She asked innocently

He sighed "Forget it." he said with a shake of his head.

"Weren't you here earlier with that bat guy?"

"I was. And don't call him bat guy."

"Whatever." she shrugged "I haven't been here for a while if I'm being honest."

"Can't say the same. This place makes me.. It reminds of -"

"Don't." she said as she squeezed her eyes before glaring at him. "Just.. Stop this. I know what you were going to say."

"What you read minds now?" Ekko said shockingly

"No. But I know what it reminds you of. I also know that you can't get past it. And... I couldn't either. But.. Enough with the past. You know I'm not the same anymore..."

He sighed as he looked away. "Believe me. I know that better than anyone." he said with a sad expression on his face.

They sat in silence until Jericho himself finally showed up.

"Hey Jericho. The usual." Ekko told him with a generous smile

"Same as him buddy." Jinx followed after him

Jericho gave them a toothy smile and blurted out some words that they couldn't understand. As always. But nevertheless, he was a nice guy. To whoever didn't mess with him at least..

Ekko looked anywhere but next to him where Jinx sat.There wasn't anything else to say to her. She made him feel bitter and always shut him down. Not that he expected anything else. He was wrong to chase her. He should have left things as they were right after their "reunion", if you can call it that anyways...So he guessed that after they got done with eating,it would be best for both if they part ways.

"You wanna know why I call you 'boy savior' ?"

"I don't know. Do I?" he said, not even bothering to face her although his curiosity got the best of him.

"Ugh. See this is what I mean when I say you're giving me mixed signals." she said annoyed by his attitude

"And you don't?!" he said angrily as he finally layed his eyes on her

"No. Whatever I wanna say, I say it straight to your face."

Ekko chuckled "And you have the audacity to call me a liar. Take a look at yourself honey."

"...What?" she mumbled with sligthly gritted teeth

"You heard me." Ekko said "You said you're done with the past earlier. Yet I saw you snatch that headband I had given you when we were kids right under my nose." he hissed

It was true. She did take that headband. Before they left their old little club, she quickly grabbed it when Ekko searched around for another shirt to wear and quickly hid it in her bag.

"You little... " she whispered

"What? You thought I wouldn't notice? Do you think I'm that stupid?Youare not the only one who has changed Jinx."

She scoffed "You're unbelievable."

"Oh, I know that sweetheart. But thanks." he said as his cocky smile returned.

She was caught off guard by his answer and as she was about to throw another taunt , Jericho caught up with her before she could even speak, bringing them their food. Hopefully a nice meal would lighten the mood.

"Thanks big guy. You're the best." Jinx said as her mood shifted into something happier.

"Thanks Jericho." Ekko said with a small smile as he pulled a few coins out of his pockets.

Jinx noticed as Ekko paid Jericho. She then searched in her own pocket for some coins as well, since she had to act at least a little civilized, only to remember she had left her money at her hideout, letting out a small groan.

"Don't worry, I took care of it." Ekko told her as he got down to eating his own meal.

Wait what? After this whole arguememt, he paid for her?Was he that patient with her?

"Why?" she asked confused of his actions.

"Because I wanted to."

"I just..It's the least I expected..."

"Yeah well.. Figured it's the only way to stop this whole circus of verbal abuse. We should at least part on somewhat 'good' terms after we're done here."

"What?" she asked softly as if he told her something shocking

"This is what you wanted right? For me to leave you alone. So, after here, that'll be it. I go back to the sanctuary and you go wherever it is you want to."

"Oh..."

Why did she feel bumped all of a sudden.She was the one pushing him away. She wanted him gone. What he just said was only fair right? They would part ways and she could go about her plans.

"On one condition though." he said cathing her attention again

"Hm?"

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid with that diamond. Don't think I forgot about that as well." he said as his eyes pierced through her soul. "I don't want to risk something happening down here that will affect all of us. Including my home."

"But I -"

"Promise me." he said firmly

"I..." she sighed "Alright. Promise."

"Good. Make sure you don't break it."

"I don't break promises."

Ηe chuckled bitterly "We wouldn't be where we are right now if that was true."

Jinx didn't say a word she just blankly stared at Ekko while trying to process what he just said decided to just stand up and walk out of the Jericho's. Maybe Ekko didn't care about her anymore that's why he wants to part ways or maybe that's what the voices in her head say...

_____________________

Hello people it's been a hot minute!

We hope everyone is doing alright. I think you already know the reason why we took such a long time to upload. Yes exams and school in general. I hope everyone is understanding with our situation and if you are not yet satisfied with this chapter we are right now workig on the next one and hopefully upload it in a few hours so like always stay tunned and enjoy!!

Cya! xoxo