𝟕. 𝘼𝙘𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚

After what happened with Jinx, Ekko couldn't stop thinking about it. He felt sadness and anger at the same time. So in order to keep his mind off at least for a bit he decided to distract himself by focusing on his work instead.

He tried to complete a project he had in mind for a long time. The Z-Drive. It was a time machine that could go back in time. Specifically, if it worked out, Ekko would be able to travel 5 seconds back in time with it.

The Z- Drive, would allow Ekko to fix any mistake during battles. He could prevent someone's death or even find different ways to move during a fight, so he could beat his opponents. With the possible upcoming war between Piltover and Zaun, this would be helpful.

He tested it many times and it seemed to have potential to work. But something was still missing. It wasn't ready to work.

"Did you make any progress my boy?" Heimerdinger asked as he entered the workshop.

"No.." he sighed "Not yet." he said dropping in his chair.

He tilted his head back and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ugh, this is taking forever~."

Heimerdinger chuckled.

"Great inventions, take great amount of time Ekko. Us scientists need to be patient."

"I know proffessor, but I feel like I've been working too much on this. I've been going through the same notes again and again for days and still.. I don't know what's missing here."

"Can I take a look at your notes?"

"Um, yeah sure.." he said handing his notes to Heimerdinger.

The yordle took his time to read through the notes. He studied the machine as well, searching for any mistaken attachment on it.

"Hmm. I think what you're missing here is some simple calculations that will help activate the Z-Drive. Also something doesn't sit well with the runes. You see -" he paused when he turned to look at Ekko.

The boy wasn't listening. It seemed like he had zoned out. His gaze was abstracted and he had a blank expression written in his face. Something was bothering him.

"Are you okay my boy? " Heimerdinger asked dropping his ears. A frown formed on his face as he looked at the boy in concern.

When Ekko heard Heimerdinger's voice, he shook his head to snap himself out of his thoughts.

"Hm? Did you say something, proffessor?" he asked curiously.

"Alright, I think you've worked enough for today. We can figure this out tomorrow." Heimerdinger said settling the notes aside.

"Yeah, you're right.. I'm - I'm too tired to work on it now." Ekko said running his hand through this face.

"..."

"..."

"Ekko, is everything alright? You seem kind of.. upset."

Ekko let out a slight chuckle and turned his gaze on the floor.

"I'm fine proffessor, don't worry" he reassured him

"Are you sure ?"

"Yeah it's just.. Nevermind."

"Is it about.. this girl I've been hearing?"

"Wha-... how do you know about it?"

"You seemed a bit troubled yesterday and I asked Scar if everything was alright or if you needed help with something. And he kind of explained the whole situation to me but he didn't say much. He told me what I needed to know. "

"Oh, okay."

"I assume she's someone.. important to you?"

"She is but.. it's complicated. "

"..."

"She was my best friend.. Actually more than my best friend.."

"..."

"But.. something terrible happened to her that made her go down the bad path.. and we grew apart.."

"..."

"We became enemies. "

Heimerdinger's ears fell again while hearing this. He felt bad for Ekko.

"I'm..I'm terribly sorry my boy."

Ekko shrugged. "I'm used to it. I've spent years fighting her, seeing her point her gun towards me and my comrades...Yet no matter how much I try to convince myself that I hate her for what she's done , I know I can't hate her. Deep down I know she's not responsible for turning out the way she did. "

"..."

" But.. that still doesn't change anything between us."

"I understand.."

"I can't even do anything about it. I've tried so many times to reach her, help her but...she always pushes me away. She's gone out of control."

"Isn't really any way for you to -"

"No..." he shook his head, he knew exactly what Heimerdinger was going to ask him. "Last time I saw her, all she did was mess with me and act all crazy to the point it made me sick. She was acting like I was some kind of toy." he said bitterly

"Oh..." he nodded in understanding.

"..But I've realized that neither denying my feelings for her nor trying to hate her will help...I can't change the way I feel.. I still love her.." he said and a single tear ran down his cheek but he quickly wiped it away. He shook his head and turned to Heimerdinger.

"What were you saying about those calculations again?" he asked as if to get distracted. He didn't want to think about her now. He should focus on his project instead. He had more important things to do now.

"Uh, right..." Heimerdinger nodded and grabbed a piece of paper and started explaining "So I think we should work on this a bit differently..."

"But wouldn't that cause a problem on this section?.."
_____________

Chapter seven people.
Aye we used to be number 4 on timebomb hashtag and they did us really dirty. We hope we reach that again and even higher this time.

Ah Ekko Ekko...even if he chooses to distract himself he really can't. The thought of her will always be in the back of his mind.

Wonder what the next chapter will be 👀.
Until it uploads make sure to vote if you liked it and save our story on ur library!
Bye bye