𝟒. 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙖𝙡?

Ekko and Scar took Vi to the entrance. She said she needed to go back to Piltover to help Caitlyn. After what Jinx did, everyone was going crazy up there and Vi promised to help Caitlyn deal with this whole madness.

"I'll come back down as soon as I can. I promise." she said bringing Ekko in for a hug.

"I don't really want to you to meddle that much with them, but I guess you have your reasons." he said pulling away from her.

"I'm just going for Caitlyn. I care about her but it doesn't mean I'm gonna be best friends with every Piltie up there. You don't need to worry."

"Okay." he nodded with a faded smile.

"Good. I have to get going." she said patting him on the shoulder.

"Take care."

"See ya little man. Thanks for listening." she said raffling his hair.

"Anytime."

As she was about to leave, a thought rushed through his mind. What if..

"Vi, wait.."

"What?" she asked curiously as she turned to see him.

"I can help you."

"What are you saying?"

He sighed. Was he really signing up for this?

" I can help you find her."

'What am I doing?' he thought

"Ekko no, you have to stay here with the Firelights."

"Vi think about it. I know her better than you do. I know how she thinks, how she fights. It might be easier for me to go after her." He stated

"Look, I appreciate you wanting to help but I don't want to put you in any more danger. I don't want to put anyone else in danger."

"And I don't want you to go through this alone. Okay? You're not ready to fight her. I know you don't want to do this. So let me at least find her and.. you go deal with Piltover until I deal with her."

'Am I having a deathwish or something?'

"Did you forget what happened the last time you two saw each other? You could have died back there! What if something like that happens again? What about your people? You're a leader Ekko, if something happens to you they will suffer."

"Nothing will happen to me, okay?Even if something happens I believe that Scar is perfectly ready to take my spot. But I'll be careful anyways. Last time I didn't think things through, but now I'm prepared."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I'm not but.. Ughh, for God's sake just let me help you!"

'Why am I doing this?' he asked himself

She thought about it. Maybe he was right. Maybe it would be easier to find a breakthrough if they worked together.

She sighed and closed her eyes. "Okay fine. Just.. promise me you won't do anything crazy. Please be careful with her. She's.. out of control. More than she already was."

"I promise." he said firmly

"Thank you. For everything."

She said squeezing his shoulder and smiled faintly at him before leaving.

After she left, he made his way inside the base. He had to get ready. He turned to go to his room until he felt someone grab his arm.

"Have you gone mad dude!?" Scar shouted.

"Damn it, I was hoping you wouldn't say anything.."

"We both know I would say something about it. What the hell are you doing!? "

"I can't let her do this alone Scar. She's already been through enough."

"And you haven't!?"

Ekko paused. His eyes widened and he looked away from Scar. He didn't know what to say to him. No matter how hard he tried to convince himself that Jinx had gone too far, he still wanted to work it out with her. Perhaps that's another reason why he wanted to help Vi. He couldn't admit it though.

"Okay. Answer me this. How many times has that girl screwed you over huh? First, she turned her back on you when you just wanted to help her. Then, she ultimately became your enemy. And now take a look at what she's done. She put the entire city in danger and you still wanna go after her? " Scar said furiously. Ekko noticed the disappointment in Scar's eyes.

"Scar, you're misunderstanding. I'm just doing this so Vi can get to her. Not to make amends."

"Oh really?

"I swear."

Did he really?

"Don't lie to me Ekko. You're better than that and you know it."

He stayed silent and stared at him for a few seconds before turning around. He couldn't face Scar. He didn't want him to notice the dishonesty in his eyes.

"You don't wanna go after her just for Vi, do you?"

"..."

"I knew it. You're still in love with her aren't you. " it was more of a conlusion rather than a question

"..."

Not getting a response from him, Scar slowly made his way towards Ekko and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I know you care about her. And I know you still have hope that she might come back. But you heard Vi. She's out of control. I doubt she's going to be willing to come with you."

"Like I don't know that already. I know it's going to be hard but..I want to at least try. What if Vi doesn't have to deal with her at all after I do?"

"Do you really want to go through that pain again? You've already tried countless times. And you've failed. You can't save everybody. Especially her."

"But-"

"I suggest you to get over it. I'm sorry to break it to you but I don't think she's coming back. She's not gonna change. Besides, don't forget everything she's done all these years."

Scar had a point. She had been working for Silco willingly but he didn't know if she wanted to be his enemy or if she was just following Silco's orders.

He surely couldn't change her now but what if there was a way he could fix things between them. If she stopped being his enemy, the firelights would be safe from her.

"You're right. I can't change her. But don't you think it would be better if we weren't enemies? It would be good for not just me but for all of us."

Scar took a few minutes to think about it and ended up in a conclusion.

"I guess, if you put it that way... " Scar nodded.

He seemed a bit convinced now that he mentioned the firelights. Maybe Ekko was right. If it would benefit everybody, then it was worth the try.

".. Go. Find her." Scar said

"What?" he seemed surprised at first

"If you think it's the right thing to do, then go. But don't say I didn't warn you."

Ekko nodded and he walked away. ______________________

Our keyboards are on fire!! Every chapter is even more exciting to write and prepare.
Now let's talk abt our boy savior...
Although Ekko is a stubborn boy his feelings won't let his stubbornness win. Will he finally admit his feelings?
We'll see won't we?
See you in the next chapter!