𝟐. 𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚

Jinx's pov
~~~~~~~~~

He finally comes into view after giving Vi and Caitlyn the gemstone. The betrayal she feels inside her at this moment is undeniable. First Vi and now him? How dare he join forces with a Piltie? They might be enemies now but they still have one thing in common. The hate they feel towards the topsiders for everything they've done to them.

'Everyone else betrays us'

Seems like it.

One might think that she betrayed him first. After Vi left and Silco took her in, everything changed for them...

But that's a different story.

She laughs bitterly, having him right in front of her, ready to fight. And this time without his mask on. They had fought many times over the years but now his precious little firelights weren't by his side. He's on his own, throwing the coldest and most hateful glare he could manage right at her.

"Oh look who it is, the boy savior!"

Her voice sounds raspy. But it's rewarding to see the look on his face. She believes he deserves this kind of mocking. He must feel such greatness everytime he plays the hero. He is known for his heroic acts around the city. Was he able to save her though? No. Poor boy.

Wannabe savior.

She sees him lowering his head. He sighs and squeezes his eyes closed. Then his whole expression changes and turns into something cocky. He smirks and takes out his watch. He swings it from side to side, still having the same stupid expression that she wanted to wipe out of his face.

'What is he doing?'

'Wait.'

'He can't be serious. Does he really wanna play at times like these?'

She chuckles and shakes her head. She pulls out her gun, throwing a playful stare at him. She changes her position and turns to her side.

'So the boy savior wants to play huh? So be it.'

Suddenly, only in a matter of seconds, he rans.
She shoots at him, trying to stop him from reaching her.

One shot.

Two.

Three.

Four.

She missed. Or perhaps he had finally found a way to beat her. Of course. He lured her into this game so he could take her down. Now it's all clicking. She should have known. Besides everyone does betray her in the end. Just like Silco said they would.

Without even realising it, she sees him jump in the air. He's ready to hit her. She's about to shoot him but she stops. She can't shoot him. She could never shoot him. Not directly.

He hits her and she stumbles to the ground. She tries to block his weapon landing on her with her gun but his strength surpusses her own. He pins her down and starts punching her. She feels blood running through her nose and her teeth. He presses his weapon on her neck and pushes her to the ground. Her head hits the concrete of the bridge and everything turns around. She wishes for this nightmare to stop but deep down she knows she deserves it. But it hurts. It hurts a lot. Her dear childhood friend trying to kill her.

'Go on. Finish me. Do us both a favor and put an end to this. I'm tired ' she thinks.

Despite her wishes , he stops.

He stops and looks at her in shock. Something in her pleading eyes and her heavy sighs stopped him from killing her off.

She's ready to cry, but she doesn't allow the tears to fall. Instead, she looks at him in fear and pain.

And the only thing he does in return is stare at her. His eyes soften. The way he looks at her is enough to make the voices in her head finally go silent. She's at peace. She's enjoying her last moments with her former best friend because she simply can't do this anymore. She's tired. She's becoming a monster. And that was never her goal. They made her a monster.

Her last seconds as Powder. It's now that she's truly saying goodbye. She wants Ekko to remember her as Powder. Not as this thing she was becoming. She gives a faint, apologetic smile, looking at him with a broken love that once filled her heart with happiness and takes out one of her bombs.

But it's not for him. It's for her. She pulls the pin and lays the bomb to the ground right next to her. She closes her eyes waiting for the bomb to explode. She hears Ekko gasp and slightly opens her eyes to see him one last time.

As always he's trying to be the hero.

'You can't save me little man.'

He knocks the bomb away with his weapon.

'I'm sorry Ekko.'

It's too late.

' I'm so sorry... '

The bomb explodes. She takes her last breath and finally, all she can see is black...
______________________

Hey there again:) Jinx's POV huh. We personally loved and I hope you did too<3.
One reminder is that when you see ' ' she is speaking in her mind and when you see " " she is directly speaking. Hope you didn't get confused.
Apparently my friend and I have lots of inspiration so that means these chapters won't take long to be uploaded so don't forget to save this story! Bye for now!