𝟖. 𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚, 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙙

"Here you go dad.." Caitlyn said as she offered her father a cup of coffee.

"Thank you sweetheart.." he said softly, taking the cup in his hands. He was awfully quiet. After they told him his wife was in a coma, he became a wreck.

"Do you need anything else?" she asked as she caressed his back to comfort him.

"No no don't worry.. I'll be okay." he said as he turned to her, giving her a reassuring look.

"Are you sure?" she asked concerned

"You've already done enough Caitlyn.. don't stress yourself out." he replied as he patted her shoulder

"I'm just worried about you, that's all.."

"Don't be. We'll get through this together okay? Like father and daughter?" he said offering a faint smile

"Like father and daughter." Caitlyn smiled as she wrapped her arm around him and brought him in for a side hug, resting her head on his shoulder.

Suddenly, they heard a knock on the front door. Caitlyn got up and walked towards it. She opened the door and behind it stood none other than Vi. She had her hands placed inside her pockets and her head was covered by her hood.

"Hey.." Vi said with a small smile

"Come in" Caitlyn said, smiling back at her sweetly.

Vi walked inside slowly and looked towards Caitlyn's father. She frowned as she gazed upon him.

"How is he?" she whispered

"He's..okay. The doctors said that my mother has a chance at surviving. But that chance is really small so.. we can do nothing but hope.. " she said hugging herself. She lowered her head and looked away.

Vi turned to look at her and she couldn't help but slowly bring her in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around her tightly. Caitlyn didn't hesitate to return the embrace.

"I'm really sorry, Cupcake."

"It's not your fault." Caitlyn said trying to hold back tears. She was sniffing.

Reluctantly, they pulled away from the embrace. Caitlyn wiped her nose with her wrist and let out a small sigh.

"So umm.. Did you..Did you find a breakthrough down there?"

"Oh, yea I.. I talked to Ekko. He said he's going to find her himself. I don't know if he's gonna reach her but.." she paused trying to hold back her own tears.

Caitlyn stayed silent as she waited for Vi to continue and took a hold of her hand to encourage her.

"I really hope he does.." Vi said squeezing Caitlyn's hand.

Ekko was her last hope. Little did she know about what Ekko encountered trying to find her sister.

_________________________

"Ughh, I hate him!" she hissed

She was back in her hideout, walking around with her arms crossed.

"I hate him.. I hate him!"she kept repeating.

"He thinks he's sooo.. superior!"

A few days had passed since she met Ekko and she couldn't stop thinking about their "reunion".

"Couldn't give a damn" she said mockingly remembering his last words. "Who the fuck does he think he is?"