𝟔. 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪

"What happened to you!?" he asked in shock at the sight of her eyes.

"Tch...I thought you'd say that."

"Wh-what happened to your eyes? They're -" she suddenly interrupted him.

"Shimmer."

"What?"

"Shimmer happened."

".. What are you saying?" he asked with confusion

"Remember the bridge? You. Me. Fight. Boom and I'm dead?"

He flinched at the memory. She didn't have to remind him. He had enough nightmares of their fight already.

"Yes but it still doesn't explain your -" he was cut off again before he finished.

"Silco took me to Singed."

"Singed? Like the Singed?"

"Who else?!" she said giving him a sarcastic grin.

"What did he do to you?"

"You ask a looot of questions you know." she said looking at her nails.

"Can you blame me?" he said

"Hmmm...No! I mean I couuuld but whatever."

"Ugh.." he was getting tired of her teasing. What did she gain from behaving like this?

"Aww. Don't be mad... Little man." A big grin graced her lips, followed by another set of giggles.

".. Dare to call me that again or -"

"Or what? You're gonna fight me, big boy? Do it. I'm not scared of you."

Maybe Scar was right. This was pointless. He felt stupid to think he could reach her again. All she did was mess with him. He may have seen Powder at the bridge, but now he was sure she was gone. Completely. That hope he held onto was as dead as she was.

"What are you waiting for? Do it."

"Do what?" he asked, now glaring at her.

She walked closer to him until they were only inches apart. She leaned in and whisperes to his ear, sending chills down his spine.

"Finish me. Like you didn't get to finish me that day. Do it."

He looked at her with a bitter expression. No. He wouldn't finish her. He was done. Done with fighting her, done with hoping she would come around, done with her in general. He was tired. As Scar said, it was time to get over it.

"I won't."

"What?" she asked surprised.

"I'm done with you. I'm done."

"Well I'm not."

She took a hold of her gun and pointed it at him, ready to shoot him. Before she even realised it, Ekko snatched the gun out of her hands and threw it on the ground.

He grabbed her by her neck with all his strength and pushed her on the wall. Tears welled up in his eyes. He felt furious.. bitter.

"I hate you.. " she spitted out of her mouth, with tears streaming down her face.

"... Couldn't give a damn." he said letting go of her neck. She gasped for air and looked at him in surprise. He in return looked at her with fury in his eyes before leaving as soon as he could.

And just like that, she was alone again.
_______________________

Ekko returned to the base. He knocked on the front entrance waiting for it to open. After a few seconds passed by, Scar opened the gate.

Ekko rushed inside without saying anything and went up to his room. Scar was concerned about him, so he followed after him a few minutes later.
He walked up the stairs that led up to Ekko's room and when he arrived outside his door, he heard something breaking. He carefully opened the door, walking in on Ekko breaking random stuff and mumbling to himself.

"I can't believe this, I'm such an IDIOT!"

"Let me guess.."

"Yeah! Go on. Throw me the 'I told you so' shit. I deserve it."

"Believe me I would.. but I don't know what kind of friend I would be if I did."

"No no, you can say it. I mean seriously, how could I think that I was able to get through to her?"

"Well, that's what love can do to you. It's understandable."

"I don't love her..."

Scar chuckled.

"Yea right. That's a big fat lie and we both know it."

"You're not helping ..."

"I am actually. The faster you accept your feelings the faster you'll get rid of them."

"If I get rid of them."

Scar looked at him curiously before speaking.

"At least you're honest.. "

"W- What am I even gonna tell Vi? She's counting on me."

"I don't know.." Scar said lowering his head. He was lost in thought, tapping his finger on the table. He wished he could help Ekko but there was nothing he could do.

"..."

"..."

"Scar.."

"Hm?"

"... She hates me." Ekko said bitterly

Scar raised his head to look at him. He could see the tears in Ekko's eyes, ready to fall. He felt sorry for him.

Truth be told, he hoped he was wrong about Jinx. He hoped that Ekko would find a way to make up with her at some point. It broke him to see his friend like this. Aside from his leader persona, Ekko was just a boy. A boy who was trapped in his worries and feelings.

If only there was a way for him to fix things...

_______________________

We're fast aren't we. Told y'all were were working on the next one already and here we are. Two chapters in one day. Kinda tiring but at the same time it was enjoyable.

Ekko finally admitting his feelings without even realizing like damn he's really stubborn but Jinx really pushed it too far this time.

I wonder what we're going to write on the next chapter. Can't wait!
See ya!