6

The next morning, Suika lead them to the foxtail millet field. Kohaku started cutting off the head of the foxtail millet.

"We're making gourmet survival food from scratch," Senku smirked. "Now that's exhilarating."

Then, they proceeded to beat them on the rocks to separate the grains on the plants.

"We aren't actually eating this foxtail millet, are we?" Kohaku asked. "I think I'll pass."

"We're whacking the hell out of it to husk it so we can eat it," Senku explained. "Foxtail millet is genuinely ten billion percent a grain. It's a primitive millet."

After a while, they put them into the basket.

"It looks mighty nasty," Kohaku said as she looked into the basket of grains.

"It's covered in furry stuff," Suika added.

"Is this why we'll take them off?" Hoshi asked. Senku nodded his head.

Chrome carried a big jar of water and let Kohaku pour the whacked millet into the water. Senku then stirred so that the hair would stay on the sue while the grain sunk at the bottom due to its weight.

After a while, Kohaku poured the water into another container. Then they used rocks to crush the grains into dust.

"It's a cycle of inspiration and trial-and-error. Food is a perfect example of science," said Senku. "Now we have wheat flour, or rather, foxtail millet flour!"

"Yeah!" The five of them high-fived.

"Toss in wild bird eggs, and tenderize it using potassium carbonate. It's a dish of science, discovered accidentally by some nameless Mongol sometimes around the fourth century." He turns to Chrome. "I guess there was some crazy nut like you, Chrome, who would try anything. Even in fourth-century Mongolia."

Senku then started cooking, the sweet aroma started coming out from the food.

"Th-This scent..." Kohaku and Chrome looked at the food with mouth-watering.

"We have a name for this stupidly good scientific food 3700 years ago," Senku said. "We called it 'ramen'."

Hoshi placed the bowls in front of them. "Enjoy!"

"But this is actually foxtail millet, isn't it?" Kohaku asked.

"I'll make sure it's safe!" Chrome exclaimed as he started to eat. "It's the duty of a sorcerer not to be afraid of anything new!" His eyes widen after he tasted it. "YABEEEE!"

Kohaku and Suika started eating, seeing Chrome looks fine after eating it.

"It's so chewy and slippery! I've never had anything like it!" Suika exclaimed.

"I can't believe such a thing would exist in this world!" Kohaku added.

Senku and Hoshi looked over the happy primitives eating the foxtail millet ramen. "I guess we'll dig in too." Senku picked up his bowl. "It's been 3700 years since we've had a proper meal, after all."

It wasn't proper at all.

'What did I expect from foxtail millet?' Senku thought with a defeated face. 'It's so damn crumbly, and it has a horrible, bitter aftertaste.'

"It tastes like medicine..." Hoshi groaned quietly. "I didn't know foxtail millet will be this bitter."

'Then again, for them, I'm sure it's the food of the gods. This'll work. Foxtail millet ramen!' Senku thought.

"Plan to lure the villagers with foxtail millet ramen?" Hoshi asked as she looked at the 3 happy primitives. "They look really happy."

"Ten billion percent," Senku smirked.