15

Magma and Kinro stood in the field getting ready for their match.

"But hey, I just need you to make it to the final match, right?" Ginro asked Kohaku while munching the leaves.

"This is bad!" Mantle running towards them. "Suika-chan fell in the river trying to pick herbs!" he yelled. "She's drowning! You're the quickest, Kohaku-chan, so you'd better go help her before she dies!"

Hoshi deadpanned looking at Mantle, "liar."

"You're ten billion percent lying, obviously." Senku added.

Mantle felt like the lie didn't work, but still convincing them, "I-I'm not lying. I just happened to pass by her at the river when I saw her!"

Senku and Chrome started to kick Mantle, "how do you know she was there to pick herbs if you just 'happened' to see her at the river?" Chrome asked. "Come back in ten billion years if you want to have a brain battle with the science team, you blatant idiot." Senku said.

Kohaku put a hand on Senku's shoulder for his attention, "I know he's lying, but if there's even the slightest chance that he's not, I'd be letting Suika die."

Senku looked at her, "Kohaku, you're our last stand against Magma. If you bail now..."

"But I'm the only one who can save her. I'm the fastest." Kohaku said. "I know he's lying, but I have to go to the river."

"I can go looking for Suika for you, Kohaku." Hoshi suggested, but Kohaku refused.

Mantle showing a nasty smile at Kohaku.

"You're despicable man, Mantle." Kohaku finished and run off to find Suika.

"Kohaku!"

Seeing Mantle didn't move from the spot, Hoshi squad down to him, a smile forming on her face that scared the shit out of people, "Mantle, is it? Let me tell you something..."

"W-What?" Mantle stuttered.

"I eat human brains for living, how about you give me yours after Kinro's match?" Hoshi smiled. "After all, if you don't want to be eaten, leave the science team hell alone, or you'll be suffer by the bad luck."

Mantle screamed and run away to Magma.

"That's a great manipulation you got." Senku said as Hoshi stood up.

"It was nothing, Gen-nii could do better than me." Hoshi waved her hand. "Though it was Gen-nii who taught me how to manipulate people."

"Of course, he's a mentalist."

~~~

"Round one: Kinro! Magma! Forward!"

"Yeah, but Kohaku went to save Suika." Chrome notify Jasper.

"If Kohaku doesn't return in time for her match in Round Three, she'll be disqualified." Said Jasper, the referee.

"Damn it!" Chrome cursed. "Get back quick, Kohaku!"

"Hahahaha, good going, Mantle." Magma laughed.

"Yeah! I had to make doubly sure!" Mantle said. "But the black haired lady seems dangerous, boss-"

"It doesn't matter!" Magma smirked. "Now that Kohaku is gone, there's no one who can defeat me. I, Magma-sama, will be the next village chief and Ruri's husband." he walked to the center of the arena. "Kinro! If you surrender now, I'll make you my right-hand man. I don't dislike strong men. Lick my shoes in front of everyone, here and now! I'll take that as your pledge."

Hoshi's eyes twitched, "Senku, I wish I have bombs with me."

"Magma, even with what you say is true, I would never surrender. Even in the midst of this corrupt Grand Bout, I'm incapable of fighting except in earnest. Not only that, but I'm not the same man I was before." Kinro said in confidence.