12

The next day, they finished building a laboratory for their experiment.

[Acquired science lab!!]

"Hey, what's the matter, Senku?" Chrome asked. "We finally have a lab now! Show some joy!"

"I'm sure Senku is happy, isn't he?" Hoshi smiled at him.

"Yeah, sure. Yippee." Senku cheered lazily. "We're just at the dawn of chemistry. Things are starting to look pretty fancy here in our kingdom of science, chock full of attractions ten billion times more than Tsukasa Land," he smirked.

Hoshi stood beside Senku, looking over the pieces of equipment they had built.

"It's kind of spectacular, isn't it? Chrome asked. "This kingdom of science is starting to heat up."

"Kukuku, we've only made the bare essentials. We wouldn't get anywhere if we were missing any one of these." Senku said.

"Was the technology even crazier before the world collapsed?" Chrome curiously asked.

"Yeah, it took million years to get there. And we're going to catch up and run past it." Senku answered.

"Suddenly I missed my phone." Hoshi sighed as she put her hands on her waist.

"Our first Step is the cure-all sulfa drug."

~~~

Kinro and Ginro suddenly step in front of the lab, holding their spear with their innocent faces.

"What do you guys need?" Hoshi asked, then glanced at their spears. "A gold and silver spear?" Ginro nodded happily.

"I don't know anything about fighting," Senku whispered to Kohaku. "It is true that a gold and silver spear will help them to beat Magma?"

"Senku, to borrow your words, they ten billion percent just want gold and silver spears," Kohaku whispered back.

"I mean, now that you have all this... glass, was it? And this amazing laboratory... I thought maybe you could make a silver spear, you know. And then taking down Magma will be easy-peasy." Ginro said.

"Do the competitors allows bringing a real spear to the arena?" Hoshi asked Kohaku. Kohaku shook her head with a sigh.

"Kukuku, that's right." Senku chuckled. "Now that we have glassware, we're going to have to suck it up and go get the most difficult material to obtain."

Hoshi silently took Ginro's spear out of his hand without him knowing.

"All right. Let's break into this brand new laboratory by making a silver spear." Senku announced.

Kinro was shocked by the news. "I'm sorry, Kinro. I have a way of becoming everyone's favourite." Ginro teased his brother.

"You aren't the slightest bit my favourite, idiot. This could literally cost you your life, Ginro." Senku said.

"Eh?"

"We're going off on a great adventure to find chemistry's greatest treasure. You'll be putting your life on the line in a maximum dangerous area. You could seriously die there in an instant." Senku smiled evilly.

Hoshi observed the spear that she took from Ginro. "Silver spear will help us to find the chemical we need?" she turned to Senku.

"Eh?! When did you take my spear?!" Ginro gasped.

"When you talked about the silver spear will take down Magma," Kohaku said.

~~~

"So this thin hair-like stuff is going to turn into silver? Damn, I thought they were roots from some plant." Chrome said.