8

"Why the hell is this sly guy holding flowers?" said the guy on the right.
"Yeah!"

"Were you the one who summoned the anger of the heavens?" The buff man said, probably Magma. "You have balls, coming to me to get yourself killed."

"Oh, no, no. It's the other way around." Gen smiled. "We're going to stop the lighting with our sorcery."

"Quit talking out of your ass-"

"Like this." then Gen made the flowers disappear from his hands.

"It actually disappeared right before our eyes!" the three of them gasped.

"That's enough to keep it out of Magma's sight?" Kohaku asked.

"It's a trick called the back palm or something," Senku explained. "Magicians do it with cards and stuff. Kukuku, not bad, you fraud magicians."

Hoshi squinted her eyes. "I can't see clearly... What is Gen-nii doing with flowers?" she muttered.

"Ah right, we don't have glasses for you." Senku glanced at Hoshi.

"Don’t worry about me, as long as I don't fall I'll be a-okay." Hoshi waved her hand.

~~~

"It's not impossible at all. An old guy named Wasilewski at NASA has already succeeded in an experiment to make magnets using lighting," said Senku as he climbed up the mountain. "Chrome, this is the fruit of your ten years of exploration."

"That's right. Are you amazed or what?" Chrome asked. "We're here, at the bald mountain."

"It's the perfect spot for lighting. There's no better place." Senku said. "Set up the lighting rod, quick!"

A thunder strikes again.

"The lighting's closing in." Senku looks up at the sky.

"Crap, we don't have time to build a proper tower," Chrome said. "But damn it, we need to make it as tall as we can."

"If only there were something long we could shove into the ground..." Kohaku then noticed Ginro and Kinro down the mountain. An idea pop out when she noticed the golden spear.

"N-No!" Kinro said. "Anything but my spear!"

"So you do like it."

Kohaku snatched the spear and stabbed it into the ground with the rope from the hair tie then jump away when the lightning struck.

"My spear!" Kinro exclaimed.

"And so the god of lighting descends," Senku smirked.

"What's up with you, Senku-chan? There's nothing to work with in this stone-age world." Gen said. "Are you seriously going to..."

The grey clouds started to disappear as the sunlight came out.

"Electricity, born with a bang. This is exhilarating."

"Yeah! We got magnets for the generator!" Chrome shouted in excitement.

~~~

"Jeez, the golden spear's in pieces." Ginro glanced at the spear that had turned into coal.

"Sorry, but you'll have to forgive me, Kinro." Kohaku apologized. "It was an emergency."

"I'm sure Senku will make you another one." Suika cheered him up.

"Hey, where'd your spear go?" Ginro started to tease. "It's gone, eh? The golden spear that you had made for you and never let me borrow. Huh?"

The next moment, Ginro was down with lots of punches on his head.