Rainbow laces - Ellie Williams

This is a prompt from a new Ellie story I'm writing

Another One shot will be released later!

---------

               The snow had began to settle in Jackson, the air was getting increasingly warmer with each day. Snow melting slowly on the ground, turning into mush. Tommy allowed you to finally go on a run, saying 'there's no better time to learn than now.' He'd taken you with him as a teaching lesson, bringing  you to countless stores and houses before arriving home.

               On the run, you managed to loot something from one of the stores. A pair of brand new rainbow shoelaces. When you saw them, you instantly thought of Ellie. The bright colors contrasting with her dark demeanor. That and the fact she's hella gay.

               You smile lightly as you look for her, gate closing behind you and someone taking your horse away. You see her running towards the gate, a soft smile on her face as you make eye contact. Dropping your pack on the ground, you meet her halfway. Embracing each other, it felt like you haven't seen each other in years. In reality, it was only a day. Whenever anyone went outside the walls, it was life or death. You never if someone is going to come back with half their limbs or at all.

"I have a present for you." You say haistely, realesing from her grip and turning around. Your feet clambor on the ground, scooping up your pack.

"What is it?" she asks excitingly, eyes lighting up like a child.

"Lets get food and ill show you." Grabbing her hand and dragging her along to the diner. Your clothes hung to your body, drenched in sweat, mud and blood. There was no time to shower and change. You had a bounce in your step, smiling giddily as you made your way through the town.

Arriving to the diner, you pushed the door open. Making a beeline to one of the tables in the far corner. "I think you're gonna love these." you say excitedly, pulling out a chair and sitting down on it.

"I'm sure whatever you got, ill love." Ellie said, eyes fixated on you as you pull your pack around to your lap. You glance at her, smiling, as you open your bag. Rummaging around to find the small box. Pulling the rectangular box out of your bag. You set it softly on the table. Pushing it towards Ellie. 

Ellie looks at the box and back up at you. Waiting for your approval to open it. You give a slight nod with a smile on your face as she grabs it hastily and begins opening it. "OH MY FUCKING GOD!" she yelled loudly, "Dude I gotta put these on." Ripping her beat up converse off, she begins unlacing them. Throwing the nearly broken laces on the ground and lacing the rainbows in.

Throwing her shoes back on and tying them with care. She puts her hands on the table, quickly pushing herself a way. With a loud clatter, the chair falls to the ground. Waving it off, she stands proudly in front of you. Hands on her hips as she strikes a pose. Showing off her brand new rainbow shoe laces.

"These are great!" she exclaims. "I love them."