Not So crowded Theater

The room was dark as commercials played on the large screen in front of you. The chairs were plush with arm rests on each side, Bella splaying their arm on the right; leaving you the right rest of your chair.

The theater was relatively empty. People of all ages sat in different spots, leaving one to seven seats in between one another. 

You lolled your head as your eyes focused on the screen. The bright colors burning their images into your mind. The next trailer played, "Evil Dead Rise." As it played, your mind kept wandering over to the person next to you.

How they wore their glasses to watch the movie, bundled up in a large hoodie and sporting their frog shoes. You head moved towards them, eyes still focusing as the trailer ended. "Hey." you whispered quietly, adverting your eyes to the brunette.

Their fingers dug into the large bucket of popcorn, grabbing ahold of a few pieces before placing them in their mouth. "Hi." they whispered back, voice muffled by the popcorn.

"What did you think of that movie?" you asked as you reached for the popcorn. 

Bella's face turned towards you, widening their brown eyes as they watched you hand shuffle towards the popcorn bucket. "It looked good." they said, angling the bucket closer to you.

You hummed in response as you shoved a handful of popcorn into your mouth, your eyes stayed focus on Bella as they centered his attention to the trailers in front of him.  Their eyebrows furrowed with each piece of action that occured on the screen, the occasional smile showing up if they knew someone on the screen.

"Hey." you whispered once again. Gaining the attention of their friend.

A small smile appeared on her face as she looked at you, "Hi."

"Can I tell you something?" you asked nervously.

"Mhm."

You scooted closer to them, "You look handsome today." you whispered in his ear.

The sight in front of you said it all. Ears turning red, along with their cheeks as they hid behind his hair. You could see the small outline of a smile from behind their brown hair, lifting your hand and brushing the pieces behind Bella's ear. "I'm serious." you said strongly.