End of the world: Pt 1

Lights flashed from overhead, small chattering flowing through the room as you stood on the stage. Paper in hand, your eyes scanned the paper, memorizing the set list one last time. Your small band got hired by a large company to come to their, 'End of the World." party, quickly accepting it without a beat. When hired, you were instructed to dress in your best apocalypse clothes, everything else being left to your own devices.

The instrumentists all coordinated outfits, wearing earthy tones and plaid; leaving you the odd one out. You decked out in bright colorful garments, thinking that dressing in some colorful way would bring a depressing thought away. 

Sitting the set list onto a small chair that sat beside you, you turned towards the rest of the band. Eyes making contact as you all simultaneously show each other your hands. Middle two fingers bent down as the rest stood upright, giving the ASL sign of 'Love' to one another. Turning back towards the microphone that sat the front of the stage, you rest your hand on the microphone and pick it up from the stand. Bringing it towards your lips as you say, "Testing, Testing." looking towards the stage crew to make sure it was working.

Once nods were sent your way, you turned to the now growing crowd. A list celebrities mingling about along with their publicists and dates. Middle aged women and men found their way towards their seats, the younger following suit as everyone waited for dinner to be served. Their cloth tables adorned with candle lights and menus. Dead flowers sat in vases in the middle, giving the illusion of one last dinner.

Glancing down at the set list, your eyes scan over the songs.

'Meteor Shower - Cavetown'

'We're Alive - Cavetown'

'Everything is temporary - Cavetown'

'Juliet - Cavetown'

'As the world Caves In - Matt Maltese'

BREAK

'Long long time - Linda Ronstadt'

Eyes reaching out to the crowd before you, you open your mouth, "I'm Y/N and this is MeadowSquare." The band began to move their fingers and hands, giving the soft lullaby of the first song. Reaching your cue, the words reach from your mouth, grazing everyone's ears as they listened. Small conversation floated through the air, molding with the soft words that flew through your mouth.

As the songs flew by, you made small eye contact with many actors. Making sure they felt immersed. Words flowing out of your mouth as if they were ingrained into your mind. Your eyes met a soft brown pair. Holding eye contact as you sang, their lips curled into a small smile. Haired pulled for their face as they watched quietly, ignoring any words that flew their way. 

Ending the song while maintaining eye contact, waiters came rushing out, setting platters of food in front of the guests. "And on that note, lets take a small break. Enjoy the food!" you say. Removing the ear piece and letting it hang at your front. Turning around, you made your way to back stage. Band members already settling down on small couches as they conversed. Walking towards your small bag, you rip it open. Pulling out a water bottle and twisting the cap and you bring it to your lips. Letting the water ripple down your throat, soft footsteps sounded throughout the area.

"Alright guys," the stage hand clapped, "There were plates prepared and a table out front for you all to enjoy! Follow me."

Shuffling sounding from each persons feet, the four member walked off the stage. Following a crew member to a small white table that was adorned with fresh food. Pulling you chair out and sitting down, you pull out your utensil and dig in. Glancing around the room, your eyes meet the soft brown pair again. Giving a slight nod and smile, you advert your eyes and began chatting with your group.

"They're still staring." One of the boys say, directing it towards you.

"Maybe cause I'm the only person here wearing bright ass clothes."

"Or maybe they think your cuuuute." Another member says.

Face turning into a grimace, you shoved more food into your mouth, "Sure."

As time passed, conversation gathered in the air. Your break ending soon, you continued to eat and relish in the time you had. Soft footsteps flowed towards your table, "You guys were great." a soft voice said. Catching your guys' attention, you turn your head to where the voice came from.

"Thanks." you all say in unison. Turning your eyes upward, you meet the familiar brown ones. They hair was pulled back into a ponytail, pieces falling into their face as they wore a flannel and dark jeans. It seemed like everyone's go to outfit consisted of dark or plaid clothing,

"I'm Bella, by the way."

"Coleman."

"Brock."

"Lizzie."

"Y/N, nice to meet you." you finish, reaching out a hand to shake. Hand reaching out to yours, their hands were soft. Slight callus' having formed on the palm of their hand. Their face appeared into a small smile, eyes slightly squinting as the skin bunched around their cheeks. Letting go, you felt your face begin to heat up. 

they stood there, holding a conversation with everyone, making eye contact with you periodically as he talked. Fast footsteps wrapped up your short staring contest, "Alright guys, time to get back on stage!" the crew member said.

Pushing your chairs from the table, everyone stood up is synch. Everyone began to make their way towards the stage, a hand on your arm stopping you from moving forward. Turning around, Bella stood there. Arm reached out to you, face contorted into a nervous  look. "What's up?" you ask.

Fumbling with their finger, "Would you... maybe wanna go on a date sometime?" he asks.

A small smile creeped onto your face, holding eye contact, "Sure, find me after the set."

"Cool." they says. Walking away shortly after, you made your way to the stage.