James Cordan

Lights flashed as a sound of applause sounded. You sat comfortably on a long couch, Bella on your right and James Corden sitting on a chair beside the couch. The audience was full of people of all ages, wearing masks and sitting in silence.

"Bless you for being here, Thank you so much for coming Bella and Y/N. It's you first time here in Los Angeles, are you guys loving This Los Angeles sunshine that you've been greeted by?" James began.

Bella opened their mouth and spoke, "I've seen like 10 minutes total of sunshine since I've been here. I got here like December 30th and it's really has been raining."

"Its just rained every day." you say lightly. Your legs were crossed at the ankles and your hand was in your lap, the other laying behind Bella on the couch.

"It's nice, it's quite British."

"Yeah, it's- it really is, it does feel like home doesn't it?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah, it does now, we're into a new year. 2023. Uh, Y/N did you make any resolutions at the start of this year? Any intentions?"

"I mean, I'd love to get more sleep." You laugh lightly, eyes fixated on the older man.   "There wasn't much of it last year."

"Yeah that's right." Bella agreed. The glasses that perched on their nose glistened with each movement of her head. Their blue clad arm yanked yours from behind, resting it on the couch in-between the both of you. Hand centimeters away from yours. 

"Now, Bella, we're so thrilled you're here were all such fans. You are from a pat of the united kingdom called, Leicestershire. Now, that's such a lovely part of the country. Now, some British actors struggle with an American accent but yours is absolutely brilliant.-"

"Thank you."

"- How did you get your accent in such great shape?"

"Um, I had a dialect coach which was helpful and uh we started the, the first phrase I mastered was like 'Olive oil.'"

"Olive oil."

"Its really hard, like olive oil is hard and also, ****"

"Wow." he laughed shockingly.

"Yeah, I remember just hearing them say it all the time on set, same with olive oil." you laugh, remembering the memories of being on set.

"We're curse words an important part of the learning dialect?"

"Yeah, because the the character I play, Ellie. Curses in the show like every two seconds so like that was definitely important and like I mean there's so many."

"Oh yeah, there wasn't a part of the day where you wouldn't hear her saying some words. I cursed so much growing up, so I was very proud."

"And did you ever get in trouble?"

"Oh yeah, I got grounded so many times after they heard. They were so shocked at the words that came out of my mouth at such a young age."

"So, Y/N have you spent any time in the United Kingdom? What do you think of the place?"

"Yeah I do."

"Okay, do you enjoy it when you're there?"

"Yeah I do, I go there pretty often to see this joker. Its very expensive over there." you shrugged, feeling the warmth from your friends' hand inch closer to yours, "I don't usually have to pay, get treated like royalty over there." you laugh.

"Treated like royalty?"

"Oh yeah, Bella makes sure I'm indulging in all the food and having the best time over there."

"Now, lets talk about your guys' highly anticipated show. I think this is going to be one of the biggest shows of the year. Its called, 'The last of us.' and tell us who you play and what it's about."

"Yeah, so, I play Ellie Williams. She journeys across uh America with uh a guy called Joel who she really doesn't really take to initially. Um, they travel looking for a sort of a cure for this cordyceps infection which is ravaging, um, the world because Ellie is somehow immune. And along the journey she meets Jamie which is Y/N's character and they sort of become friends."

"Right, and its basically its kind of like its all taking place in the sort of zombie apocalypse."

"Yes."

"I mean, how do you think you would fare in such an apocalypse, would you be good-"

"Terrible, my response to stress is often to freeze. So fight, flight will freeze and they tend to freeze. Um, actually, the zombies in this show, the clickers, like like the whole point is that if you need if you are completely still then they're not going to figure out where you are. So maybe I would be okay?"

"Like Jurassic park."

"I've never seen Jurassic park."

"You've never seen Jurassic park?" 

"Really?" you gasp with surprise.

"The gasps, my goodness. Never."

"Any of them?"

"No."

"You  absolutely should."

Pointing toward the crowd, "Well, they're all old enough to watch the original and I'm not but I've still seen all of them. They're were my favorite movies growing up." you say.

They looked towards you, eyes wide, "You'll have to show me them then."

"Maybe we can watch them when we get back to the hotel." you say smugly. A smile dancing along your face.

"You two seem to be very close."

"We are." Bella confirmed.

"People think you're dating sometimes."

"yeah, we've heard that a lot."

"You guys seem to flirt unknowingly."

You sigh as he says that, "I don't think its unknowingly." you joke lightly. A pinky finger reaches yours, intertwining tightly.

"We should be dating." they said matter of factly, looking at you with wide eyes.

James smiles lightly at the interaction, a smile on his face as he watched you two talk. The crowd was going crazy, eating up every word that you two spoke. "We should." you agree, eyes flittering across Bella face.

"I hate to interrupt but we should be ending this pretty soon. Do have anything else you want to say?"

Still looking at Bella, you pull their hand into your lap. "Yes, actually -" you began. Rubbing your thumb across the back of their hand, "Bella, you wanna do me the honor of completing everyone's dream"

"I would love." he says dreamily.