Dinner

2/2

First chapter to 'Space girl' is out!

---

                  Light music played in the background of the crowded restaurant. Conversation littered around the room, children screaming and lovers whispering. The curtains were open, allowing the outside world in, cars driving past with their blinding lights and honks echoing through the streets. The lights inside the building were dim, providing enough to see but not enough to blind the sensitive. 

                 You sat at a round table, glasses discarded around the table, some with water and others soda. A small plate sat in the middle, chips and salsa covering the surface. You had gone out to dinner with your friends. All seats occupied with people of all ages, you sat with Bella on your right and Pedro on your left. Small conversation bouncing throughout the table as everyone waited for the waiter.

               Glancing down at the small menu in your hands, your eyes skipped over the words, immediately going to the pictures on the laminated paper. Your eyes scanned the picture's, settling on a burrito that looked larger than your head.

               A soft 'psst' sounded from beside you, turning your head, your eyes met with soft brown ones. "What are you getting?" whispered Bella. Holding the menu to slightly cover their face. 

              Tilting your menu towards the brunette, you pointed to the burrito, "I think this."

              A soft hum came from their lips as they lowered their own, eyes fixating on the picture you just showed their. Eyes glazing over in thought. "Alright-" a new voice said, catching everyone attention, "Are you guys ready to order?"

              Speaking up for the group, Pedro glanced around the table. Nods being sent their way. "Yes we are." he said sweetly, sending the waiter a smile.

               "Whenever you're ready." Going around the table, everyone gave out their orders. Ranging from chicken nuggets burritos, the larger group finished. Pedro being the last one to order. As it was everyone's turn, the waiter quickly scrambled the orders down on their notepad, "Alright, ill be back shortly with your orders."

               Once they walked away from the table, conversation picked up. Loud words being thrown through the group as you talked about anything. Everyone saying how their day was and what they've been up to, by the time it got around to you, the food had arrived. Everyone picking up their utensils, faces growing bright as they ravished their designated food.

                Mouth full of food, you turned towards Bella. Watching them lightly as they gathered food in their cheek before swallowing, Giving them the effect of being a squirrel. You smile lightly at the realization, shoveling more food into the void.

               Glancing over to you, Bella's eyes widened. Watching as you hold eye contact, letting your eyes travel up and down their round face. "What?" they ask.

                "Nothing..." you say as you quirk an eyebrow. Looking down at the burrito on your plate, thinking if you should take another bite. Orbs meeting theirs, you lean in. Bella following suit. "You look handsome." you whisper, a fingers length between both of you.

               Their face turned bright red, eyes turning wide, a smile gracing their young face. "...Thank you." he says, smiling largely. Bella's face was bright red, flustered beyond repair.