Prologue.

"Murtasim, why did you say that?" She asked inquisitively.

He responded, his energy not quite as high as before, "I feel you have forgotten most of the things Meerab."

"What? You merely promised to keep reminding me of everything, even when I am on the verge of going insane. It could have been forgotten. You need to finish this right away." She anxiously questioned while clutching his hand close to her heart and interlacing her fingers with his.

She didn't realise that she was driving him crazy.

He struggled to focus and shift his thoughts.

"Do you recall the book we studied in the old library?"

Expectantly, he asked her.

"That was the first time we had a proper interaction and spent some time together, so how could I forget about that? M y very first book ever, and we read it together. And the line that finally clicked for us. What was that, then?"

She raised an eyebrow at him and motioned for him to repeat with her.

"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

They let out a hearty whoop of laughter.

"How we both looked at one other and read it aloud at the same time as if we were dedicating it to one another. And how it served as our wake-up call for our subsequent encounters. Back then, we were so carefree. What caused the sudden changes? I did enjoy our bond developing at the time. And how things then began to diverge"

In the conclusion, her voice trembled as if she were remembering every detail.

His hold got tighter on her.

"Life is a sequence of organic and unplanned changes in your environment. Meerab. It doesn't imply that you start changing yourself, Meerab; let changes occur organically; nevertheless, avoid making changes on purpose; you are lovely just the way you are. You are my Meerab—the person I pretended to care for while hiding it behind disdain. the person I admire in secret. the person I would aspire to be when I'm worn out. even when I'm possessed, that's the one name I'd call. the person I inadvertently lean towards in my dream. The one I search for both in the morning and at night. You are my Meerab, the strongest, the victor, the breath of fresh air. You never need to alter anything about yourself, not for me or anybody else.

She was looking up at the sky with a bright smile on her face as he spoke intently while wrapping his arms around her. This went on for some time before she eventually spoke.

"You are aware that you help me feel better. You have far too strong interpersonal and touch skills, by the way. Where are these kind words coming from? You appear to have a lot of experience. Where did you get this information, huh?"

She jokingly enquired.

"Stars, conceal your fire, and keep my dark and secret wishes from the light."

He returned the whisper.