Chapter 23 |Autumn dreamscapes|

.

A/N- To everyone who has read my book. I don't ask this much, but if you read the chapter, please vote on it and leave a comment or two. It won't take long. Thank you for reading.

.

It was the scorching summer of that year when Meerab celebrated her sixteenth birthday. The year was marked by an intense heatwave, with the sun blazing mercilessly and casting its fiery rays upon the dry and dusty streets of the town. The temperature soared to unbearable heights, forcing people to seek refuge indoors in an attempt to find solace from the oppressive heat.

Meanwhile, Murtasim was returning from the United States during his holidays. After two long years of being apart, he was finally coming back to his homeland.

The two had been out of touch for the first time since they knew each other, for two long years. Ever since Murtasim got admission in Boston University, their communication had become sporadic and infrequent.

 Distance had created a void that neither of them had anticipated. Separated by geographical boundaries, they found themselves in a situation where they had not seen each other's faces, heard each other's voices, or even exchanged the silly letters they used to send when they were away but still in the same country.

The absence of physical proximity left them feeling disconnected, as if a part of their connection had been lost in the vast expanse between them. They longed for the familiar sight of each other's smiles and the warmth of their laughter. The sound of their voices, once so comforting, now seemed like a distant memory.

In the past, they would eagerly await the arrival of each other's letters, excitedly tearing open the envelopes to read the words written. Those letters were filled with stories of their adventures, dreams, and even the mundane details of their daily lives. Each written word was a precious token, a tangible reminder of their bond.

But now, the postman passed by their doors without delivering any letters. The mailbox remained empty, devoid of the once cherished correspondence. The absence of those silly letters, filled with inside jokes and playful banter, left an emptiness in their hearts.

Meerab and her family had finally arrived in Khan Haveli. It was a moment of excitement and anticipation as they prepared to celebrate Eid, which was just a few days away. Ma Begum, being the matriarch of the family, took charge of the preparations for the joyous occasion.

As everyone gathered in Khan Haveli, the atmosphere was filled with happiness and enthusiasm. The courtyard of the grand Haveli was beautifully adorned with colorful decorations and vibrant flowers. The sight was a visual delight, creating a festive ambiance that added to the excitement.