Chapter 25 |Shattered Whispers|

~Note~

1. I appreciate you reading the chapter, but before you go any further, I'd like you to please vote for it after reading it and give your thoughtful remarks. Okay, enjoy yourself..er, hehe. enjoy the emotional whirlwind that is this chapter.

2. And a chapter chock full of tears, anguish, and feelings.

.

.

****

|Echoes of Kalopsia: Shattered Whispers|

****

The journey to Malik's farmhouse was the epitome of pain and hardship for Murtasim. It felt like his soul was being held captive there, along with his  wife. The weight of the situation had left his heart lifeless, devoid of any joy or hope.

As Murtasim approached the farmhouse, a deep sense of despair settled in his chest, causing him to sniffle and rub his weary eyes. The weight of exhaustion and emotional turmoil was etched on his face, leaving him looking rugged and worn. His stubble seemed to have grown heavy overnight, a sign of his lack of rest and the chaotic events of the past few days.

His car came to a sudden halt at the formidable main gate of the farmhouse, casting an ominous shadow over the already tense surroundings. Murtasim's men, unseen and discreet, had strategically positioned themselves around the property, ready to leap into action at a moment's notice. Time was of the essence, and the stakes were high.

Murtasim's eyes frantically darted from his watch to the horizon, the seconds ticking away like a ticking time bomb. His heart pounded in his chest. The silver timepiece on his wrist mercilessly mocked him as it counted down the precious moments slipping through his fingers.

He also knew with a single press of a button, his loyal men would be at his side, ready to face any unforeseen challenges that lay ahead.

But as he sat in his car there, his gaze fixed on the distance, a mixture of weariness, determination, and a hint of fear reflected in his tired eyes. The weight of responsibility bore down on his broad shoulders, each decision he made carrying the potential to alter the course of their lives. Yet, it was not only the weight of his duty that burdened him; it was the fear for his wife that haunted his thoughts.

His mind raced with possibilities, each one more harrowing than the last. What if he failed? What if he couldn't protect her? The mere thought of harm befalling his jaan sent shivers down his spine. He clenched his fists, his knuckles turning white as he grappled with the unknown outcome that lay ahead.