Chapter 19 |Zealous Embrace|

"In your embrace, I find solace, and in your presence, I become fiercely protective."

Murtasim stepped out of the house into the bright afternoon sun, the warmth instantly enveloping his skin. The sky was a stunning shade of blue, without a single cloud in sight. As he made his way towards his car, a luxurious black Mercedes-Benz gleamed under the sunlight, exuding elegance and power. The leaves on the trees swayed gently in the breeze, creating a soothing rustling sound that accompanied his every step.

As he sat in his car, he reached over and slowly opened the windows, allowing a gentle breeze to flow inside, instantly caressing his skin with the warm summer air. Sensing the rising temperature, he decided to roll up the window and switched on the air conditioning, feeling the refreshing coolness enveloping him.

Feeling the need to shield his eyes from the bright sunlight, he retrieved his cherished pair of charcoal shades from the glove compartment. Slipping them on, he felt an instant relief as the lenses filtered the dazzling rays, allowing him to comfortably observe his surroundings.

As his gaze wandered outside, his attention was caught by the sight of his wife, Meerab, She was dressed in a black chikankari kurta, adorned with intricate white floral embroidery, that cascaded down her frame like a gentle waterfall, accentuating her curves and exuding beauty and elegance as always. Her hair was left open, the sun playing with the iridescent hues of her long locks, which framed her face perfectly, emphasizing her high cheekbones and full lips.

Walking alongside Maryam. However, something seemed amiss. Meerab's normally serene face was scrunched up, bearing an expression of irritation as she hurried along. Intrigued and concerned, he couldn't help but wonder what could have caused her distress.

As he looked behind them, he was greeted by the very jovial face of Haya, who was literally jumping behind the two. He instantly understood the reason behind Meerab's grimace and he brushed his moustache. It had become clear to him that the day was going to be full of drama; he knew it was going to be a chaotic day full of perplexing situations that he would have to manage with the utmost diplomacy.

Meerab walked to the front passenger side door, ready to open it, when Haya quickly interjected, halting her action. "Let me do that, Meerab," Haya said with a smug smile, pushing her past her. "I always sit here," she added, flashing a mischievous grin. 

 Maryam had already taken her seat as the back passenger, and she watched the exchange between Meerab and Haya with a slight smirk on her face. She had seen her bhabhi handle Haya's antics with grace and tact, and she was sure that Meerab would be able to do the same.

Meerab gritted her teeth and spoke each word with emphatic clarity. "That I will clear later, but I am his wife and I will sit here beside him...ALWAYS. Get that through your thick brain cells!" She then fixed her gaze on Haya, who was taken aback by the sudden ferocity in Meerab's voice. Murtasim watched his wife with a smirk, proud of how she was standing her ground. He knew that her words were not only meant for Haya but for him as well, a reminder of her unwavering presence in his life.