Chap 5

Emiliano's POV~

It's been weird now that the twins are gone and now it's just me and Dakota. I certainly miss Max and Kayden but I really enjoy being around Dakota. In my Guitar class there's a girl named Brittany that I sit next to and she's pretty funny we eat lunch with them sometimes. She invited us to a party with her and her friends tonight. Once we got to her house we realized it wasn't quite what we were expecting. There was drinks and bongs. They were also passing around a nectar collector and taking dabs off it. Some people were rolling joints. She had a small propane tank for the fire for the weed. She welcomed us in and told us we didn't need to drink or smoke if we didn't want to and they were only doing that in one room. She showed us to the kitchen where there was food and non-alcoholic drinks. "If you guys need anything I'll be in the living room. Come find me if you wanna try something, I'll help you." She disappeared into the living room. "Damn, never thought I'd actually be to a party like this." Dakota said to me. "haha, yeah me neither... Do you want to try anything? if not that's fine just thought I'd ask." I nervously said. "I kinda want to try drinking." He looked embarrassed. "Do you want to? if you don't, I won't either." he said. "I do too, lets go ask Brittany." I said and placed my hand on his back and he held onto my arm. I worried that he would be uncomfortable with me touching him sometimes but he would always do something like that that just washed away my worries. I don't even know why I wanted to touch him but I really enjoyed the physical contact. 

The house was pretty full so it was a little hard to get to her but eventually we told Brittany we wanted to try drinking. "Wow, look at you two, so rebellious." she snickered. "I suggest trying a Smirnoff first. They don't taste as bad as the other stuff." she said while grabbing us two raspberry Smirnoff's. "thank you." I was almost yelling because of how loud it was. She just laughed and sat down. We wandered off to somewhere a little quieter. Once we found an empty room we sat down on the bed. "I'm nervous." Dakota giggled. "you sure you wanna?" I double-checked. "Yeah." he confirmed while popping off the lid. he sniffed it. "It doesn't smell bad." He said unsure. He tasted it. His face looked funny. "I don't know how I feel about this. it's not bad but it's got a weird taste." He said looking into the bottle. I went to take my first drink of it. "Oh you're right, that is weird." I said while he took another drink. Once we finished our bottles we sat there waiting. "I don't think anything's happening. My stomach just feels hot." I said. He nodded.

Eventually Brittany walked into the room. "Hey guys, been looking for you." I looked at her "How do you know when you're drunk?" Dakota asked looking down at his now empty bottle. She looked confused, "You only drank one, you're not gonna be drunk. Tipsy at the most." She snorted. "Oh." Dakota said. "Were you hoping to get drunk? Do you guys want something stronger?" She asked. Dakota looked at me before looking back at her "I was hoping to." he said. "me too" I contended. She laughed "okay hold on." she walked out of the room and soon came back with a box of cans. "These are truly's, they aren't super strong but they can get you drunk normally after you've had like 4 or so. They don't taste good like Smirnoff's, and be careful, I have to go check on the others." she put down the box and left. Me and Dakota looked at each other before each grabbing a can and cracking it open. We clinked our cans together before taking a drink. I took a bigger gulp expecting it to taste similar to the Smirnoff. "Ughhh, that's so gross" Dakota made a weird face as he said that. "oh god that tastes like shit." I shuddered. We both laughed and kept drinking while talking. 

Once we started on our second can I decided it didn't taste as bad as before. Once we were on our fourth can I felt hot and my body felt heavier than normal. "I'm tired." Dakota said crawling over to me on the bed. he laid down beside me using the pillows to keep him inclined and kept sipping his drink. I brushed his hair back and he grabbed my hand and held it against his face. "Your hand feels so nice." He mumbled. "Yeah?" I prompted. "Mhm." he confirmed. I put my drink on the nightstand and laid on my side facing him. I kept one arm under me and used my other hand to stroke his cheek. His eyes fluttered shut. "That feels nice." he rested his hand on my forearm, gently holding my hand to his face. My heart lurched in my throat and I could feel it pounding. Why? I wondered why I felt this way. It's not normal, I know it's not, I should not be feeling this way about him, but I can't help it. I can't help but want more, to be closer to him. I sighed heavily, still absent mindedly stroking his face. He opened his eyes and just looked at me. "Your eyes are pretty." He said quietly. I smirked "Haha, what? mine are just brown, your eyes are the pretty ones." I said chuckling. "No mine are just blue, not even light blue. Yours are like hazel. They look cool." he said smiling. I bit my lip, and hugged him tightly. He rubbed my back and just let me hug him.