Chapter 14

Emiliano's POV~

His last words to me before walking out echoed in my head "I miss you..." I remembered the look on his face as he left, my heart ached. I wish I could keep being the friend he needed. I couldn't, I knew the feelings I was having about him were wrong. And I knew I couldn't tell him how I was feeling. That would ruin everything. I need to get over him so we can go back to the way things used to be. Why couldn't I be normal and like a girl for gods sake.

Dakota's POV~

It's been weeks since I last talked to Emiliano.  My heart caught in my throat whenever I saw him at school. I just wanted to cry. Just as I was stuck in my thoughts, a hand tapped on my shoulder. I turned to see who it was, "Brittany?" I said noticing her face. She had sort of a grimace. "Hey Dakota, I just wanted to see how you were doing." she said giving a small smile. "Ah yeah, I'm alright I guess." I offered a smile in return as I spoke. She placed a hand on my arm and sat down beside me. "I don't really know what happened between you two, especially at the party, I thought you guys made up because you left together and stuff but-" I interrupted "You saw us at the party?" I asked hopeful she would have some answers to fill in the blanks from that night. "Uh, well briefly." She sounded confused. 

I spoke, "Neither me nor Emiliano remember most of that night. I think we were both pretty fucked up, and I was just wondering if you remember anything that may help me remember? I know we were all in the room together and I remember being in there with you, Emiliano, and Devin, but I don't remember much after that." She looked thoughtful for a minute before speaking. "Well, me and Devin noticed you and Emiliano being very distant from each other and we could tell it was taking a a pretty big toll on both of you, so we decided to force you two to talk by putting you in a room alone together. After like an hour I think, you both came out together and you guys looked happy, and you both left together. I assumed things went well." 

I sighed and slumped into my chair. "Sorry, I wish I could've been more help." She said apologetically. "No, it's not your fault, I appreciate it. I just know we made up, which means he probably told me why he was avoiding me and I figure if we could make up then, we can again. I just need to remember what he said to me." I dragged my hands down my face and groaned. "Why is he so difficult, why can't he just talk to me." Brittany laughed, "He is pretty difficult isn't he." I chuckled at her comment. She stood, offering a hand to me. I took her hand and stood to begin gathering my things. "How about I have a party Friday night and get him drunk, lower his inhibitions, yknow? I get you two alone together, you guys talk except this time you're sober so you remember and then you guys make up, problem solved." She smiled a toothy smile and looked at me expectantly. "Well it won't be that easy I'm sure but we can give it a shot." I spoke, smiling back. "Yeah! that's the spirit dude!" She high-fived me and then ran out the door. I chuckled to myself at her enthusiasm. I felt hopeful that I could fix things between us and figure out what I did to make Emiliano avoid me.