Chapter Ninety

Chapter Ninety – Liam

Liam finishes saying goodbye to the crowd, before he exits off of stage where he left Zayn earlier, a frown crossing his face when he see's Zayn isn't where he left him at the side of the stage. His usual post show high comes crashing down as Lou approaches him, "where is he?" Liam asks attempting to stay calm, but internally imagining every worst case scenario possible. Lou smiles slightly, "he's still with Paddy and I'm sure he's fine, but you should probably head to dressing room H" she says calmly. Liam's eyebrows furrow in confusion as he nods and heads off down the halls towards the dressing rooms, no one is using dressing room H, so he can't understand what Zayn could possibly be doing there. There's a million different scenarios running through his head and each one is worse than the last, as Liam rounds the corner that will lead him to the correct place. He's unprepared however for what he sees when he does, Zayn is curled up, as best he can, with his head in Perrie's lap, as he lays on the floor, Paddy standing protectively over the pair. Liam picks up the pace a little and jogs the last little bit towards the three, "what on earth is going on?" Liam asks Paddy once he's close, Paddy just shrugs, as a thump comes from inside the room, "I'll explain later, right now he needs you" the security guard says, gesturing to Zayn with his foot. Liam knows he's right, and as much as he wants to know what's happening, he needs to make sure Zayn's ok.

Perrie smiles up at Liam when he lands on his knees beside her and Zayn, "hey Zayn, look who's here' she murmurs, and Zayn lifts his head to smile at Liam, before making grabby hands in his direction and whining slightly. Liam easily shifts him into his own lap from Perrie's, and then the blonde disappears quietly towards her own dressing room, as Liam takes Zayn in, he's still shaking lightly, and his skin is paler than normal, there are dried tear tracks on his cheeks, and Liam can feel him trying to press himself even closer to Liam's sweaty form than he already is. Liam knows all of these are signs that Zayn is coming down from some kind of panic and he wants to know what set him off, he;s grateful to Perrie, and Paddy and probably a phone call from Harry, that kept Zayn from getting too panicked but he's furious at whatever or whoever caused it. Liam cards his fingers through Zayn's hair gently, humming under his breath as he does, but a thump, followed by an easily recognizable voice causes Zayn to flinch and Liam to clench his fists. "She's here?" he asks no one in particular but he gets a weak nod from Zayn on his lap, and a spoken "yes" from Paddy. Liam's not entirely sure he wants to know why she's here or what exactly she was planning, he knows it can't be good, nothing Eleanor has planned lately has been good, he can hear Louis' voice behind the door, but not what he's actually saying. Paddy's walkie talkie blares to life, making Zayn jump in his lap, just as Jim, Alec, Max, and the rest of his security from the stage come around the corner. Liam looks up confused as Louis' voice comes through the speaker, "Liam, I know you and Zayn are out there with Paddy, but I need you to get Zayn away from here. Go to your dressing room, I'll be there to explain everything soon" he says.

Paddy arches an eyebrow at Liam, who rolls his eyes before nodding and standing up with Zayn in his arms, he's exhausted but he can still carry his boy, as Zayn is showing absolutely no interest in walking on his own. Liam can hear who he assumes is Paddy following them, and he doesn't really mind, not when their safety is potentially at risk, he makes it into his room and carefully places Zayn onto the couch, "Liii" he whines in protest, Liam chuckles "just changing into something less gross, hang on" he answers quietly. Zayn pouts but swings his body around so he's at least sitting up now, "what does she want from us?" Zayn asks quietly, as Liam pulls a clean shirt over his head, "if I had to guess, revenge" Liam shrugs coming back over to sit beside Zayn on the couch, laughing when he lets himself fall into Liam's side as soon as he's close enough. Liam lets Zayn get comfortable, waiting until the boy has stopped squirming around to start carding his fingers through his hair, the way he knows Zayn loves, and can instantly calm him down. "What happened tonight?" Liam asks after a few minutes of just cuddling his boyfriend in silence. Zayn sighs and shifts himself around so he's sitting on Liam's lap, no longer beside him, Liam doesn't mind, not in the slightest, and takes in a deep breath. "I felt like I was being watched, again. Like the day this happened" Zayn starts, pausing to gesture to his still casted leg, Liam makes a face, but doesn't say anything just yet knowing Zayn isn't finished. "Louis asked me if I was sure, and then next thing I know Paddy's there and Louis' running off with the rest of security to see if they can find You Know Who" Zayn continues, chewing his bottom lip, and looking up into Liam's eyes through long, thick, eyelashes. Liam nods and furrows his eyebrows, he's confused, but he also knows Zayn has something else he needs to say, so he gently pulls his bottom lip from between his teeth and gestures for him to continue. Zayn pouts and rolls his eyes, before speaking again, "then I see Louis and a cluster of security go past, and I could hear her voice, and then Paddy's walkie talkie confirmed it, so I followed them to the room" Zayn pauses, but before Liam can speak he starts again, "but when I got there I started thinking about what she was possibly planning and I felt like I was going to be sick, and I couldn't breathe, then Perrie and Jade were there to help me calm down, with Harry on the phone" he finishes, breathing deeply and eyes wildly unfocused as he looks at Liam.