Chapter Ninety Eight

Chapter Ninety Eight - Liam

Liam watches as Zayn chews on his thumb, staring out the window, they're waiting for the verdict, whether or not they have to live in constant vigilance or if Eleanor will be a thing from their past. The trial has lasted a week to get everyone's testimony, Liam's not worried, because Eleanor had helped them out in a big way by throwing a tantrum, that made her look a little crazy on the third day. A knock on the door makes Zayn jump and Liam chuckles as he spins to face the door, to see one of his lawyers coming through it, "I think they're ready, if you guys want to come with me" he says, voice somber. Liam nods and moves to stand in front of Zayn, "you ready to finish this?" he asks carefully, Zayn just nods, not saying anything and Liam knows his boyfriend is struggling with this whole ordeal. Liam wraps his hand in Zayn's starting to lead the slightly older man from the room, he's glad there has been a no paps rule in place the whole trial, but he also knows as soon as they step outside the courthouse,they're going to be swarmed. "Whatever happens today, Zayn. I've got you, it's you and me alright?" Liam asks quietly as they walk. Zayn tuns to him with a grin, "absolutely" he agrees before they follow the lawyer back into the courtroom.

The scream Eleanor let out at the verdict is still ringing in Liam's ears as he holds Zayn's hand tightly in his, on their way out the back entrance towards the car waiting for them. "I can't believe that's it" Zayn mumbles and Liam grins, "it is, it's over, she's out of our lives" he answers. "Congrats boys" Jim crows as he leads the way through the empty parking lot and towards the car. "Thanks" Liam grins. The verdict had come back guilty, but Eleanor's flair for dramatic nonsense, had made it so she needed to be locked up in a psychiatric ward, also anyone that would run over someone in the street, just because she lost her job is insane. Liam pulls Zayn into his side, once they're safely in the car, and presses a kiss to his head, "we don't have to worry about her ever again" he murmurs and Zayn turns to him a wide smile on his face, "I know, what are we going to do Li?" he asks. Liam chuckles "it doesn't matter, we can do whatever we want, but I know we're going to live how we want" he answers. Zayn seems to like that answer because he snuggles back in as Sebastien starts driving again.

Liam can't help it, he's watching Zayn sleep, and he knows it's probably creepy, but Zayn hasn't been sleeping well, and fell asleep almost as soon as they returned to Liam's apartment. Liam's invited Harry and Louis, along with Niall and Josh, and the rest of his band, over to the apartment, to celebrate. He's even invited Gemma, both to surprise Zayn, and Dan, the guitarist having a definite crush on Harry's older sister, Perrie and Jade are coming as well, Jesy and Leigh-Anne having a prior engagement they couldn't get out of. He knows he should wake Zayn up so he can shower and get changed before everyone arrives, but Liam also knows that Zayn needs the rest, so he leaves him on the couch, tidying up around him. Louis arrives first Harry trailing behind him, wrapping Liam in a hug as soon as the door is open, "are you excited, you and Zayn can just live now" he crows. Liam chuckles hugging his best and oldest friend back, "yea Lou, it's pretty amazing" he answers, stepping away from Louis as soon as he's released, Harry hugs him quickly before looking around, "where's Zayn?" he asks slowly, Liam laughs and gestures to the living room, "sleeping, he crashed as soon as we got back" he explains. Harry nods and Louis laughs lightly, "poor guy hasn't been sleeping has he?" he asks knowingly. Liam just shakes his head, leading the two men into the kitchen "I know he'll have to wake up soon, but I figure he can get some rest for now" he explains.

Liam hears Zayn waking up, with a loud thump as he rolls off the couch, it's followed by Gemma laughing, and Zayn whining. Liam heads away from the kitchen to see his boy, he's laying on the floor, with his arms crossed pouting, "Liii" he whines reaching out for him. Liam chuckles stepping forwards to pull him to his feet, "why didn't you wake me up?" Zayn asks quietly, Liam shrugs, "you were tired, I thought I'd let you sleep" he answers. Zayn pouts at him and Liam can't help but think he's adorable, the thought crosses his mind a few hundred times a day, before he wriggles free from Liam and throws himself at Gemma. He watches the pair reunite, he knows it's been awhile since Zayn has seen Harry's sister, and he knows the two are close. Liam watches as Zayn dives away from Gemma to hug Perrie, the blonde laughing as she wraps her arms around his waist. "You really know how to throw a congrats on locking up the psycho party, little brother" a voice says behind him making Liam spin around to face both his sisters, "I. What are you two doing here?" he stumbles. Nicola just laughs, pointing towards Louis who's smirking, but it's Ruth who answers, "Louis called us, said you'd like us here but wouldn't think to call yourself" she explains. Liam grins, before diving at his sisters and pulling them both into a hug, "I'm glad to see you guys, I missed you" he murmurs, "we missed you too Li" Nicola answers quietly.