Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four – Liam

Liam’s pacing around his hotel room, like a caged lion, Zayn’s plane should have landed about an hour ago, and Louis and Alec had gone to pick him up. Liam had whined and kicked up a fuss but no matter what he had said or done they weren’t budging on him being at the airport to get Zayn. Liam just wants him in his arms, he’s been having a particularly bad couple of days, his voice had cut out during not one but three songs at the concert the night before and, Eleanor had chewed him out for an hour afterwards about it. Louis had snapped on her saying, no one had even noticed and that it wasn’t Liam’s fault he’s being overworked, which resulted in him being removed from the room, with the threat of firing him once again. Liam wasn’t worried about Louis losing his job, ultimately that decision wasn’t up to her it was up to him, and no matter what happened he couldn’t imagine ever wanting Louis to not be with him. Liam was also missing home, he hadn’t seen his parents or sisters in months and really wanted, no needed to see them, soon. His head shoots up at the sound of shuffling in the hallway, as the door clicks open, Louis appearing there a smile spread across his face, “I got something for you popstar” he sings and Liam rolls his eyes “yea, give” Liam says making grabby hands at Louis. Louis cackles and steps aside so Zayn can finally enter the room, Liam feels like he’s breathing for the first time in days at the sight of him, he lets his eyes scan over Zayn, taking him in. He’s let his scruff grow and now has a thicker beard, he has his sleeves pushed up his half sleeve of tattoos on display, Zayn’s chewing his lip, just staring back at Liam, “I’ll leave you two alone” Louis murmurs before quietly leaving the room.

Liam is across the room pulling Zayn into his arms in a matter of seconds after that, nuzzling his face into his neck and inhaling his familiar scent “I missed you” he breathes. He feels Zayn shake in his arms before he hears the muffled sob escape Zayn’s lips, frowning Liam pulls out of Zayn’s neck to look at him. “Hey what is it?” he coos and Zayn shrugs, “I just, I guess I missed you too, and I-I thought I might have made you up” he murmurs shyly and Liam grins. “I’m real babe, and you’re finally here and as far as I’m concerned you can stay forever” Liam says, Zayn opens his mouth to say something, but Liam shakes his head leaning down and catching Zayn’s lips with his own, it works and Zayn is kissing him back quickly, a tiny moan escaping his mouth, which gets caught in Liam’s. They pull apart a moment later and Liam leads Zayn to sit on the couch sitting down as close to him as he can get without sitting on him, “how was your flight?” Liam asks and Zayn shrugs. “It was ok, they kinda lost my luggage though” he answers and Liam furrows his eyebrows, suddenly noticing Zayn’s lack of bags, he only has his backpack with him. “I’m sorry, babe you can borrow my stuff until they find it” he offers and Zayn rewards him with a large smile and another kiss “thanks, don’t really have a choice do I?” he smirks when they pull away. Liam shakes his head, “no, plus I like the idea of you in my clothes” he murmurs, pulling Zayn into his lap, “I like it too, but I think I’ll at least need to go out and buy some boxers” Zayn sighs.

Liam looks at the sad expression on Zayn’s face and realizes with a start that if money was tight for Zayn before, it’s probably even more so now that he’s lost his job, “I’ll send someone out to get some for you, don’t worry about it babe” he murmurs, kissing Zayn’s neck as he speaks. Zayn opens his mouth about to protest Liam is sure, but he holds up a hand cutting him off, “no, please Zayn let me buy you new boxers, they wouldn’t be necessary if you weren’t visiting me” he all but whines and sees as Zayn gives in sighing as he nods. Liam smirks, happy to have gotten his way “now that, that’s out of the way, how was your stay with Harry’s mum?” he asks and Zayn shrugs, “it was great, I miss them, and it was good to be home, but I could tell they all felt sorry for me about losing my job. And then Harry told them about us, and that opened a million questions. Not to mention Robin, Harry’s step dad offered to sue my sister for the money that I was entitled to after my parents” he says quickly and Liam nods, not entirely following everything. He pulls away his brow furrowing, “your parents left you money? And your sisters didn’t give you any of it?” Liam asks slowly, Zayn bites his lip, and shakes his head, and looks almost ashamed, “no, but I don’t want it, please don’t make a big deal of it Liam please” Zayn begs and Liam feels himself giving in.

After that they fall into their easy familiar pattern, Zayn stays in Liam’s lap and they talk about everything except Zayn’s lack of a job, and Liam’s fake girlfriend. Zayn’s eyes slip closed as Liam plays with his hair, and he lets out a light purr, “Li” Zayn murmurs, Liam hums to indicate he heard him, “when do you have to go out with Lexie again?” he asks. Liam sighs and moves so they’re sitting up, “Zayn you aren’t still jealous of her, are you?” he asks concern lacing his voice, he knows Zayn isn’t overly thrilled with the idea still, but he was sure they had worked past the jealousy. Zayn shrugs and the look in his eyes reminds Liam of the one Lux gets when she’s doing something she knows she shouldn’t, “you are, aren’t you?” he asks gently. Zayn bites his lip, a move Liam knows means he’s nervous, but it’s still the sexiest thing Liam’s ever seen, “I don’t want to be, but yea, I am. But can you blame me?” he asks and Liam sighs “you have nothing to worry about Zayn, I want you and only you” he says fiercely, Zayn nods but refuses to meet his eyes “would it help if you met her in person?” Liam asks. Zayn shrugs and Liam can see the battle he’s having with himself in his eyes, “yea, maybe” he finally answers, Liam nods and pulls out his work phone, Lexie’s number isn’t in his personal one, and quickly taps out a text asking if she can come to his room. Her response is almost instant and Liam chuckles at it, “what?” Zayn asks picking at his fingers, Liam reaches over to grab his hand, “Lexie’s on her way but she asked if it was safe to come in the room” he chuckles. Zayn’s face twists in confusion “why wouldn’t it be…oh, Oh!” he blushes and Liam nods laughing.

A knock at the door causes Zayn to jump, before ducking behind a pillow and Liam shakes his head moving to answer the door, opening it to reveal Lexie, “alright, where’s loverboy?” she asks loudly and Liam hears Zayn scrambling to hide. Liam steps back to let Lexie in, turning to face the living area where Zayn is currently behind the couch, “he’s behind the couch, no real idea why though” he says and she giggles, “Zayn, c’mon I came all the way from two doors down to meet you, please come out” Lexie sings and Liam stifles a laugh. Zayn makes a muffled noise and crawls out from behind the couch an embarrassed grin on his face, Liam coos and strides across the room to pull Zayn into his arms again. “Zayn this is Lexie, Lexie this is Zayn” Liam says tugging Zayn gently closer to her, “hi” Zayn mumbles and Liam chuckles “hey, Liam doesn’t shut about you” Lexie chirps. That’s when Liam sees Zayn’s resolve melting and a willingness to get to know Lexie fills his face, “really?” Zayn asks, sounding stunned and Lexie lets out a laugh, “yea, and it would be annoying if I didn’t do the same about Anna” she shrugs, making Zayn chuckle and Liam knows, he knows that everything at least with Zayn and Lexie, is going to be alright.

Zayn narrows his eyes after a moment, “what does he say about me?” he asks, biting his lip an almost evil looking smirk spreading across his gorgeous face. Lexie giggles and shakes her head, “I can’t tell you, but it’s all good, promise” she swears and Zayn pouts adorably. Liam leans down, unable to resist and presses a kiss to his lips making the pout disappear to be replaced by a grin. “So, how long have you and Anna been together?” Zayn asks hesitantly and Lexie smiles widely, if there’s one thing Liam knows she loves talking about it’s her girlfriend. “Almost two years” she answers wistfully and Zayn nods “and you’re sure you don’t have any interest in my Liam?” he asks calmly, although Liam doesn’t miss the possessive claim, it makes him feel warm and fuzzy if he’s going to be honest with himself. Lexie matches Zayn’s stare, “absolutely none, I mean he’s pretty cute for a guy, I guess. But he’s absolutely not my type, I swear Zayn, you have nothing to worry about” she soothes. Zayn cocks his head, leaning more on Liam before he nods, another grin crossing his face, “well then I think this could all be ok, I guess” he admits, biting his lip, and Liam suddenly wishes Lexie wasn’t here, so he can make up for all the time and kisses, especially kisses they’ve missed the past couple weeks. Lexie seems to notice the look on his face, and she giggles quietly, “I’m just going to um, yea” she stutters before letting herself out of the room, leaving Liam once again alone with Zayn.