Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five – Zayn

Zayn flops on the couch pouting, Liam has just left for the airport and saying goodbye sucked more than Zayn ever imagined it would. Liam had promised to call, text and Skype as often as he could but Zayn was still upset, Harry had gotten to go to the airport to say goodbye to Louis, but he was stuck at their apartment with Niall for a babysitter. Niall chuckles “c’mon Zee it’s not that bad, he said he was going to bring you out to see him in a few weeks” he soothes and Zayn rolls his eyes. “But Harry got to go to the airport, why did I have to say goodbye here?” he whines, stomping his foot as he speaks, fully aware he sounds like a child who isn’t getting their way, Niall wraps his arms around him in a hug, “you know exactly why you had to say goodbye here, Zee. Liam needs to talk to his people about what’s going on with you, and you two getting all mushy at the airport wouldn’t go over well” he scolds. Zayn sighs, he knows Niall is right, but he also doesn’t really care, he wants to spend as much time a possible with Liam, and his flight doesn’t leave for another couple hours and it’s not fair. He’s quiet for a moment before an idea hits him, “what about Josh, don’t you want to say goodbye to him?” Zayn asks, a hopeful tone in his voice, Niall chuckles shaking his head, “nice try, I know what you’re up to, and no I said goodbye to Josh last night” he answers and Zayn sighs again. He knows exactly why Niall’s here, he also knows Louis paid Niall to not let Zayn out of the apartment until Harry comes back, he knows why, but it doesn’t mean he likes it. “Why don’t you pick a movie and I’ll order us some take out?” Niall asks and Zayn pouts at him, “you gonna use your babysitting money?” he asks petulantly and Niall laughs “actually yea, I was” he answers, tossing Zayn the remotes and pulling his phone from his pocket, heading to the kitchen.

Zayn frowns as he scrolls through Netflix and waits for Niall to come back, he misses Liam already and isn’t sure how he feels about how quickly he’s fallen for the other boy. Niall comes back in the room just as Zayn selects some stupid, mindless comedy to watch, “food will be here in forty minutes” he says collapsing onto the couch beside Zayn, who looks at him through impossibly long eyelashes. Niall shakes his head, “oh no don’t give me that look Zee. I have my orders not to allow you out of this apartment, and I’m not above using force and duct tape if necessary” Niall scolds and Zayn sighs, knowing the Irishman is stronger than him and he doesn’t really stand a chance. Instead Zayn ignores Niall and focuses his attention on the movie playing on the screen. Niall chuckles beside him and Zayn huffs out a breath, knowing its him not the movie Niall’s laughing at, “Niall please, I won’t even talk to him I’ll just join the crowd, I just I need to see him pleasssseeeee” Zayn whines and Niall shakes his head, and sighs “Zee I can’t let you, fans have seen you, they’ll eat you alive, just give me a minute yeah?” Niall says gently and Zayn pouts and flops against the back of the couch as Niall starts typing on his phone. Niall has a suspicious smirk on his face as he reads a text, and Zayn wants to slap him, because he’s getting on his nerves, and he knows it isn’t Niall’s fault but it doesn’t change things at the moment, when all he wants is Liam. Zayn’s phone rings suddenly in his pocket and Zayn jumps as he goes to pull it out.

“Hello…?” he answers without looking to see who’s calling, “hey, babe I heard you miss me already” Liam’s smooth voice teases, through the speaker and Zayn’s eyes widen as he scrambles off the couch heading towards his room. “I, you, how did you know?” Zayn stutters and Liam chuckles, “Niall just texted Josh, and we just got through security so I’m just sitting waiting, and figured I would call you. I miss you too by the way” Liam murmurs and Zayn blushes. Zayn shuts his bedroom door and flops across his bed, “I knew Niall was up to something. Did you talk to your management yet?” Zayn asks and hears Liam sigh “not yet, I’ll talk to them once we get there, and I promise I’ll call you again right after I do” Liam says and Zayn nods, but doesn’t say anything. He hears a strange noise and someone calling Liam’s name “shit, I need to go” Liam starts “it’s fine” Zayn mumbles, “I wish you were here, babe. But I miss you already, I’ll call you later and remember I’m bringing you out in two weeks” Liam sighs and Zayn bites his lip as he nods, “me too, I miss you too and I can’t wait” he replies. They say goodbye and hang up, after that, although Zayn stays in his room staring at his phone, (the background is now a picture of him and Liam) until Niall calls him to tell him their food is here.