Chapter Fifty Eight

Chapter Fifty Eight – Liam

Liam can feel and hear his heart pounding in his chest, sounding louder than Josh's drums in his mind, as he sings the first few lines of They Don't Know About Us. It's always been one of his favourite songs, (even if he hadn't helped write it), and he knows it's a crowd favourite, he and Jon had spent an hour the night before rearranging the set list to put this song in the right place for what they had planned. Liam glances to the side of the stage where he can just see Zayn, leaning on the wall, singing along he smiles and turns his focus back to the crowd, squinting against the too bright lights that shine into his eyes the entire two hours he's on stage. He finishes the second chorus and the band cuts off, just as they had practised, Liam takes a deep breath, because this is it, there's no going back now. He watches as Josh gets up from behind the drums and jogs away back stage to help Louis keep Eleanor away, Sandy follows a moment later and Liam bites his lip looking back at Jon and Dan who nod encouragingly at him.

He takes a deep breath and turns to face the crowd, his fans, he reminds himself, these people are here to support him, “how's everyone feeling tonight?” Liam asks, and his response is an uproar of screams, making him chuckle slightly. “Good! But I need to talk to you guys for a minute” he continues and the screams get louder, Liam turns to see Zayn worriedly chewing on his fingers before taking another deep breath. “First I want to say a massive thank you to all of you, for everything you've done for me in my career, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all of you” Liam cheers, making the screams get louder, even though Liam hadn't thought that was possible. He smiles as he brings his mic back up to speak again, “there's someone here, who some of you may know, and we um, we wanted to tell you something, so if you don't mind I want to bring him out here. Hey Zayn?” he calls turning to the side where Zayn has been waiting and holding a hand out to the raven haired boy. He watches as Zayn slowly pushes off the wall and makes his way across the stage to stand next to Liam, what happens next Liam never could have predicted. The crowd erupts into the loudest cheer of the night and a echoing chant of Zayn's name fills the venue.

Liam takes a moment to take it all in, they haven't even said anything yet and the support from his fans is unbelievable, he feels rather than hears Zayn chuckle beside him as the other boy tucks himself into Liam's side, making the crowd scream louder. Liam chuckles and gestures for the crowd to settle down, which they do, “it's time I was completely honest with you, and I'm sorry I never told all you guys sooner” he starts. “But, um as some of you have guessed, Zayn isn't just a friend of mine, he's well he's my boyfriend. Lexie was a cover that my management brought in, and they don't want me doing this now, told me it would ruin my career, but I don't care” Liam continues and the crowd falls completely silent, something Liam didn't think was possible. “I know some of you guessed this and I hope you can support me and Zayn in this, please don't be too hard on my boy, and I'm sorry, but I promise no more secrets after this” Liam finishes turning to Zayn with a grin, “we did it” he murmurs just as the crowd explodes.

At first the chant is jumbled and Liam can't make out what they are saying, until Zayn chuckles beside him, “listen Li” he leans up to whisper into his ear, that's when Liam figures it out. “ZIAM! ZIAM! ZIAM!” is being chanted by everyone in the room, Liam grins widely, his fans support him, support them, he nods “thank you” he says into the mic his voice thick with emotion, before gesturing behind him for Jon and Dan to start playing again they immediately comply and pick the song back up. Liam turns to Zayn and grabs his hand, singing the rest of the song directly to him, while his fans cheer and a few up close coo at the two on stage. Zayn grins up at him when he finishes the song, and Liam can't help himself he leans down and pecks Zayn's lips lightly, “you did it” Zayn mumbles and Liam nods slowly, “you staying or...” he trails off as Josh and Sandy reappear both looking slightly worn out which worries Liam slightly, “I'm gonna go, and let you do your thing, see you in a few songs” Zayn grins before waving to the crowd and bounding off the stage.