011

Se'aeylwa

Se'aeylwa

I woke to a cold gust of wind, my body slightly shivering before my eyes fluttered open on their own. Every bone in my body ached as I sat up. I reached upwards, stretching my arms above my head as I yawned widely, showing my canines. I heard my arms release their pent up energy, as I groggily began to stand.

I looked around, expecting to be met with rocks, but in reality, I'm in an open marui, surrounded by na'vi. Herbs and medicines crowd around me and I internally panic at the sight, blue bodies sprawled out carelessly. I wrap my thick, fin like tail around my waist to comfort myself as I carefully walk out of the hut. The sun had barely risen, only the top visible to the trained eye.

I bounce along the material connecting the marui's with ease, my hair swishing around wildly, after my rough sleep, the band had fallen out and I had no idea where it had landed.

Soon the material becomes sand as I stop, amusing myself by wiggling my toes in the fine substance. It still feels foreign against my skin, but I was learning to live with it. I was the first awake as the clan stayed in blissful silence. They all slept so peacefully, unaware of any danger that could lurk about, a feeling I hadn't gotten used to, and I probably never will.

I see a smooth slab of stone in the distance as I messily run to it, it was directly near the water. The stone is slippery as I stand, holding my arms out to steady myself. My teeth sink into my lip in concentration as I finally regain balance. I let out a small huff of air as I begin to move. I let the wind and water control my movements as I sway effortlessly.

It was a well practiced routine I had done with my father. He was the best healer of the can, rivalling the Tsahìk. He always had a strong connection to the water, describing it as the vessel of the world. He was a spiritual man, a man of great respect and loved by all. I sighed, swaying my hips before leaning a hand down and brushing my fingers against the coolness below me. I close my eyes, crossing my arms above my head as I twirl before letting the movement of the sea control my movements.

I begin to fall into a trance. The opposite of my father, was my mother. She was a warrior, a stubborn one at that, she believed tough love was the only form of love. She was always so closed minded, her way was always the right way. Although she was a warrior, she managed to put her duties aside to have children, but soon after the last of us where born she dove back into her natural ways, giving my father the responsibility of raising us.

I'm broken out of my daze as a small and cute squeak interrupts my thoughts. I see Tuk struggling to lift herself onto the platform as she wiggles her body around. By the time she had lifted herself up and over she was panting like an angered palulukan. She huffed, frustratedly flickering a short braid out of her eyes. Her face lights up at the sight of me.

"Se'aeylwa what are you doing up? You're supposed to be sleeping" She tries to tell me off, but I can only see her round cheeks, and adorable face as she tries to be serious. I smile at the innocent girl, beckoning her over as she complies. She stands still next to me as she stares down confused.