016

Se'aeylwa 

Se'aeylwa 

A harsh arm tugs mine as he huffs, stopping in the middle of the hallway to open a door and shove me inside a white room. The door slams shut as the sound of metal grinding against one another before a swift click of the lock fills my ears. I smell the air around me and cringe at the sickening scent. It was disgusting compared to the open air back home. I sniffed once more, only to hold the back of my hand against my nose at the artificial aroma. 

The click sounds once again as the heavy door clangs against the floor, a young man walks into the room, his head shaved and his eyes filled with malicious intent. Behind him a boy follows, like a baby ilu eagerly following their mother through the seas.

The boy is lightly pushed forward as he rolls his eyes. He speaks fluent na'vi, unlike his leader as he speaks. 

"He want's to know if you know where jake sully is" The boy informs, I think to myself. Sully? Isn't that a part of Lo'ak's last name. Even if it was I shook my head side to side, indicating a blatant 'no'.

I cower in fear as the man grips the table and throws it towards the ship walls, his chest rising and falling in absolute rage. I run to the dark corner of the room and crouch so that my chest rests against my knees. I wrap my arms around my legs as I refuse to look at him in the eyes. 

I didn't want to suffer the same fate as the table. The boy attempts to comfort me, but as soon as his hand comes into contact with my skin I lightly hiss, nothing too violent, I didn't want to trigger the man.

The boy looks hurt, offended even. I take my time to observe him, he had nothing but a mask and loincloth, strange considering the man next to him had abnormal clothes on that covered everything except his face and arms.

The boy had dark blue marks traced onto his almost pink flesh, as if he was trying to impersonate being na'vi. I scoff at the idea, you can never be true na'vi until you stand beside Eywa, in which I knew the dream walkers on this ship hadn't done. His hand tries to reach out again as I lightly slap it away, as if he where becoming a pest. He doesn't give up, sitting cross legged in front of me, he turns, trying to ask the man if he would leave, and to my surprise he does just that.

Once he's gone the atmosphere feels lighter. I let out a breath I was unaware I was holding as I abruptly stood, scaring the boy as he leaned backwards slightly. I ran my fingers against the wall, feeling the smoothness of the side of a blade as I recoil back slightly, realising a weird surface lay in the middle of one of the walls. It looks just like the waters reflection, but as I go to touch it, my fingers are met with a solid surface. 

I poke it once again, deeming it as human trickery as I see my reflection, much clearer than any form of water could. I reach a hand to my head of hair, before I flatten out a few braids, making sure the one's that Lo'ak had spent his time doing where still tight and intact. I huff, separating from the deceiving wall of water. I walk towards the fallen table as I tug it upright and drag it to the middle of the room, where it's original resting place once was. I pat it after my efforts, shaking my head as I realise it was in fact an inanimate object. I crouch, climbing under the table as human flesh once again came into my direct view of sight. 

He held one palm against the edge of the table as he crouched, watching me with his head tilted. His bicep flexed at the movement, but I sat unfazed, I had seen much more impressive than his puny amount of muscle.

He tries to beckon me out but I can't find the energy to adhere to his pleas as I stay seated, admiring the small pearls on my top as I move them into the correct places.

It seems as if the man from before was becoming impatient as I heard the sound of the door clicking once more before he strode in. He lifted the table from over my head and grasped me from my hair, it stung my scalp as he pulled harshly, I seethed at him as he not only ruined Lo'ak's hard work, but was dragging me around like a ragdoll. I'm shoved against a wall as I yelp, my neck stretching far more than usual. His rough hands hold onto both of my wrist's securely as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a smooth orange band. He pulls me off of the wall, nearly causing me to trip as I'm shoved forward. My eyes squint at the bright light as I sigh in relief at the fresh smell. My nostrils flare as I smell something different, smoke? 

I shake off the smell as my pupils adjust to the suns blaring gaze. 

"Se'aeylwa!" a cheerful voice rings, as we turn the corner I see not only little Tuk, but Lo'ak and Tsireya cuffed to the ship's rail. Tuk's face fills with hope as she sees me, the look diminishing as she's able to see the cruel man leading me their way. I'm pushed into the rail as I grunt, my head smashing against the metal, my vision distorts into a million blurs as the orange piece of fabric wraps itself around my wrists, keeping me captured along the bars. 

I turn to see Lo'ak yell my name as he struggles against his bindings. We where on opposite ends as Tsireya placed a comforting hand along my shoulder, I couldn't help but flinch away as she pulled her hand off of me.

"I'm okay" I whispered, trying to assure myself that I was fine. Lo'ak's yells seemed to catch the mans attention as he strode down to him, ripping a device from his neck. I bend my head down, using my bound hands together to lightly slap my face, knocking some consciousness into my brain.

As I look up again an onslaught of Tsurak's round the corner of a large rock They all look delighted to see them but I knew deep down they where never here for me. Lo'ak and Tuk where the son and daughter to the great Toruk Makto, and the Metkayina girl beside me was the loved daughter of the Olo'ekytan and Tsahìk. And me? I was a nobody, a girl who happened to be there, they would leave me behind to save the others. I had to make a plan for myself, the others would be saved, I would be left stranded. Toruk Makto slowly glides forward as the other look confused. I barely pay attention as I open my mouth, slowly beginning to bite through the fabric, my efforts seem to be successful as I'm nearly at the last strand. 

But a large commotion occurs as two enormous beasts spring into the air, and towards the ship that we were tied down to.