029

Se'aeylwa

 Se'aeylwa

How could I be so stupid? Of course Lo'ak was courting Tsireya, she was beautiful, kind, and she could stand. I realised all of the affection he had showered me with was not genuine, it had been of pity, he felt sorry that I protected his family, he felt like he owed me something. 

 My body shakes with sobs as I glide on the surface of the water, heading out beyond the reef to my old home, it had been weeks since my last visit, and all of my personal items had yet to be moved, but a part of me began to wonder, was there a point in moving anymore? If anything I would only be an interruption for everyone else, it was better if I stayed away.

I wiped my eyes with one hand, keeping the other firmly on the saddle so I wouldn't go flying, there was no room for error when I was among creatures who wanted to kill, creatures that where waiting for their next meal.

I slowly lowered myself into the sea, looking around, keeping myself alert, making sure I honed in on every single fish, and any other predator that may be out there.

I reigned back on my ilu, Mala, as she looked around eagerly. A dark blue blur had become present as it circled around us, I was about to dive back down and flee as the blur became closer, closer, and closer. My soul momentarily left my body as it's head emerged, letting out a deafening roar. I noticed the creature fairly well, as did he. His pupils that where once slits became circular as he immediately stopped his aggression.

His foreboding circling around us soon became less frightening as he rubbed his head on my flesh. His head was the side of by body and a little more as I held onto him. He flung upwards taking me with him as I fell onto his back. I let a small smile eventually break through as I pressed my palm against the side of his neck and rubbed tenderly. I reached behind me and dragged my braid over my shoulder, holding it by the end as I reached forward and connected our queue's once more.

A rush of emotions surged through my as my eyes glazed over with the bond.

"Hey buddy" I mumble. He rumbles a response back, feeling the pain and sorrow within me, not just about Lo'ak, but with my legs being unable to function properly. I lean my entire body onto his as I sigh, relieved I no longer have to hold onto an ilu tightly and my body could finally relax itself.

A little wisp from one of his fins greets me as I run a hand along his flesh, the fin dancing along with the movements of my hand. I recoil backwards quickly as a harsh zap meets my fingers and travels through my body, the electricity runs through me as it flows through the water around me. My movement's seize for a moment as my brain fuzzes into nothingness before returning. My body involuntarily jerks to the left as I nearly fall off of the beast. 

I hear him whine in apology as another crackle of electricity stung at my back, My grip on him loosens immensely as I feel my entire body go numb and my eyes roll into the back of my head, greeting the darkness that was awaiting me.