038

Se'aeylwa

Se'aeylwa

Weeks had past since that fateful night in my marui, and the harsh glares from judgemental clan members had started to get on my nerves more than I knew possible. Every time I would stand I would become dizzy, and whenever I tried to eat it usually ended up in a basket. 

I was currently sitting on the floor trying to stomach a piece of small fish as I put it in my open mouth, chewing at the flavourful seafood as I swallowed, allowing it to enter my stomach, within a few moments I had leant over a basket as regurgitated all of my food. I disregard it as I stand, becoming dizzy. I knew it was from the lack of food in my body, and it didn't help that I was slowly getting thinner and thinner. 

If it kept continuing I would only be skin and bones by the time anyone had come back from the forest. 

I sighed, leaning against a pillar before I walked out of the home, trying to keep myself upright. I hold a hand to my head as a headache forms, knocking the energy out of me as I faintly hear someone calling my name.

The person distorts as he repeats my name once again. I can barely make out that it's Rotxo as I collapse into his arms. He fumbles to catch me as he picks me up behind the knees and under my waist. He runs away from my hut as he tries to get me somewhere.

 "Get the Tsahìk! Get her!" He yells, the sound makes my ears pop as I uncomfortably shift in his grasp. 

"Stay awake, stay awake, oh Eywa Lo'ak's gonna kill me if he comes back and your dead" He panics, holding me even tighter as he speeds off to where the Tsahìk was making her appearance. She swiftly pushes him into the nearest hut, which happened to be hers as she rummaged for supplies. She moved slower than usual, her pregnancy developing in the later stages. 

"Set her down" She demands as Rotxo complies, quickly backing away to let the woman do what she needed to do. A few pokes prod at my skin as I groan. One in particular pokes below my ribs and all around my stomach as I hear Ronal slightly gasp.

"Out! Out! All of you out!" She screams, using her hand to flick Rotxo and her daughter who and just come in hand in hand with the boy who had just started courting her.  Tsireya and I had reconciled long ago, and after her short heartbreak had moved on and found a kind boy who she began to court, they where a kind pair, meant for one another. 

I lazily moved my hand to wave goodbye as I began to sit up, not liking the feeling of laying around like a puppet. 

A salve is placed on my arm as it turns into a beautiful shade of purple, the Tsahìk hums knowingly at the change in colour, looking over to my head that was just keeping upright. She turns back to me as she helps me feel comfortable. 

"What's wrong?" I mumble barely coherent. She looks like she doesn't want to tell me when I'm in this state but holds on of my hands comfortingly, struggling to find the words as she looks into my eyes. 

"Ma'Eaylwa...you are with child"

My head goes blank for a moment before I begin to slur my words. 

"You're lying...I can't be...I haven't even....oh..."

She looks at me pityingly as water escaped my eyes. Crying was all I seemed to do these days, Lo'ak hadn't returned and it had already been so long, I felt like I was going insane. And now I was pregnant with his child. What if he never returned? What would he think? 

I put a hand to my flat stomach as I used the others to wipe my tears.

I was a mess, and I had to sort everything out, if not for me, then for the child growing in my stomach. 

Time skip...

It was fairly noticeable that I was pregnant by now, my stomach protruded outwards, but to others with no clue I probably looked like I was gaining a fair amount of weight. 

Ronal had set me up in the children's marui, trying to help me gain experience with infants and pre-teens before I became a mother. And the longer I stayed in there the longer I was concerned, they where loud, messy, and didn't care about anyone other than themselves. 

I grow increasingly nervous when I have to pull two raging girls apart from one another, one stole the others necklace and they where in a brawl. The one in my arms flails and kicks at me demanding to be let go so she could finish the fight. But I don't listen to a word she says, firmly placing her away and giving her a light scolding. 

"Let me at her! She stole what was mine!" She screams. I shake my head before I kneel down, putting my hands on her arms as I make sure she's attentively looking at me. 

"Did you ask her why? Or if she would give it back before you started the fight?"

She looks down sheepishly as she fiddles with her hands, becoming embarrassed that she was so violent rather than asking the simple questions. I nudge her softly towards the other girl. 

"Make sure you apologise and ask her" I remind. She nods her head, calmly striding towards the girls as they converse. I smile at the small resolution today, it wasn't often that the girls got along, they where constantly butting heads.

The children had kept my mind off of my mate, especially the babies, they where too cute to think about anything else but their wide curious eyes and chubby cheeks.

I was particularly excited when another woman walked in, taking charge of the area as I rushed down to the nursery. There where many children orphaned after the battle against the sky people, so they had constant caregivers, and I was lucky enough to be one of them. 

I held a hand under my growing stomach as I happily ran towards the marui two over from the one I was just in. 

I hear whispers about people looking at me. The pregnant girl with no mate, it was a hot topic amongst the elders and the adults, mainly pitiful or judgemental whispers, especially the ones who didn't know of the pregnancy and assumed I was gaining weight. 

'she's getting as big as the tulkun'

'no wonder she looks like that, her mate left her'

'I couldn't imagine doing that to myself'

The whispers soon disappear as soon as I see the face of a cheerful baby next to her fussing twin. The marui was dark and quiet, made for children under the age of two as some slept and some caused a ruckus. I carefully picked up the fussing boy as I held him to my chest, soothingly rocking him until he quieted down. 

His sister looked annoyed that he was fussing as she rolled over as if to try and block the sound of him out. It was a classic sibling move than I hadn't expected from her as I scooped her up with my other arm, holding them both close as I sung a lullaby and rocked them back and forth, smiling down at their chubby cheeks and pretty eyes. Effectively calming them into a sleep like state. I set them down once more as I leave, I wasn't exactly supposed to visit the marui today, but I felt as if I needed to after the exhausting ten year old's. 

The whispers started up again as I walked out, I tried tuning them out, but they kept flooding into my ears the faster I walked away. I held a hand above my stomach reaching a shore cave as I ducked underneath it. I knew I wanted to cry, but I didn't want to, I just wanted them to go away, to leave me alone. 

I dipped a hand in the water, twirling my fingers in the sea as I looked to the sky. 

Waiting...Waiting...Waiting.